My 14 year old daughter woke me up this morning complaining. She said it felt like someone was stabbing her in the ribs and she couldn't breathe. I sat up with her to see if it would ease up. It starts at the bottom of her rib cage up to thetypo of her breasts. Its been 4 1/2 hours now. The pain eases when she sits still but if she gets up for the bathroom the pain starts all over again. What could this be??

Hello!! I was having the same problems until i went to see an surgeon an they told me that i had gallstones. An that i need to have my gallblabber removed. My pain would usally be followed by nausea/vomitting. A believe me the me the worst is yet to come. Some time my gallbladder attacks lasted from 4 to 10 hours straight. I really think you should take her to see an doctor an have them give her an ultrasound of her gallbladder.