it comes and goes for me, some days ill feel fine then all of a sudden it just hits me, like right now i just woke up from the pain,
my stomach has extreme pain to it and rib cage feels like it tightened up, i have to move around so i wont feel much pain and it feels like i have to throw up or i do, usually force it to make the pain seem little less tense

what cause it

This is exactly what my friend is experiencing right now. Does anyone have any suggestions???

What about me? I am non smoker.
But I have the same symtoms for past one month.

I had the same thing happen, I went to my family doctor. After a diary type study of when this would take place, my doctor informed me I was having panic attacks at night. After prescribing a low dose of tivan to take at night before bed I have not had another episode!

It might be gallstones...
If the pain is high up (especially if it feels like its right under your rib cage on the right) and you feel nauseous, and it seems to come suddenly (especially after eating fatty or sugary foods) you might want to get your gall bladder checked out.
I was complaining of stomach pain, nausea and shooting pains under my rib cage and the doctor told me I probably had a gallbladder problem. Gallstones are more common among overweight fertile women, and also in people who have recently experienced a change in weight.
Just a possibility! Hope this helps.

I too am having this extreme pain. The weird thing is I have had extreme abdominal pains in the past, but never knew what it was. Really anything could have caused it. Now, that I am 26 yrs old, I have realized that I may have an anxiety problem. The Doc never actually said that, but I am determined to find out what causes this pain. All I know is we could be doing it do ourselves, and if that is the case, maybe it can be easily fixed. I propose to share information as far as email addresses and find similarities in each other, to help us find out the cause of this. My Doc did prescribe me Nexium, Lexium (Not sure on the name of this one) and some other Government Drug. I will be honest, when I did use the Nexium, it seemed that I did feel better more days than I was without it. Ask for Sample packs if you can get it. There are too many factors of what could cause this similar pain, but in order to find what is, we need to open up. I am a smoker, but I don't smoke crack. I smoke marijuana, and it use to help reduce the pain, but I can say that it doesn't work anymore. I still get the effects of the drug, but my mental state is more tolerant to it. I once seen on TV that somebody stated 70% of geniuses suffer from anxiety. I am not saying I am a genius, just putting it out there. Also, don't you notice more and more people having similar pain. How long do you spend sitting down, or at you computer? I noticed a day after I wasn't using my computer, I was feeling better. I also didn't work that day. I do feel like a big hole is in my stomach and I want to eat something in the morning to fill it or throw up to get rid of the nausea. I can’t bring myself to throw up. It could be Gallstones. ***** I will keep you updated on my progress.

My girlfriend has been having similar symptoms for years, After having 3 attacks in as many days, I searched her symptoms on yahoo and found this forum. After reading several postings I saw a pattern leading to her Gall Bladder; she had to call 911 again the next day. While in the Emergency Room, she told the doctors of my web search and after a check of her bladder, it did turn out to be the problem. Her gall bladder was so full of stones, they admitted her and she had it removed 2 days later (today). Thanks for this wonderful forum; I truely believe it saved her from more serious harm. Al Cannon, North Carolina

I had the same problem and after a few months of being treated for several things they finally figured out it was gallstone. I had to beg for the ultrasound to check because they said I didn't fit the criteria. They said it was very weird because I didn't fit the three "F's" which are female, fat and over forty. I was in shape and only 18 years old. My surgeon said I was his youngest ever gall bladder patient. I would feel better after vomitting but for so long the pain was so intense I had no choice but to be sick. Mine started in February and had surgery in mid April. Low and behold one of the stones got in my bile duct during surgery and didn't pass it until Thanksgiving of that year.
It felt like someone had a knife in my ribs right under my breast and one in my back and they were being ground together.

Yeah, Its Panic attacks. And you might have Acid Reflex. Which would be the stomach pain your feeling. But you just need to go to the doctor and get some pills, and youll be alright. I have the same thing lol. And its mostly from stress, So just try to relax and sh*t, and try to get at least a little excersize during the day. Also, dont eat greasy foods, Like pizza and stuff. Eat Bland things, Bananas, Bread...Ect. Cut back on sugar, like pop, and drink water, and fruit juice. This should really help, cuz it helped me out alot :-)

yes me too. this is all the same as me, and i was prescribed nexium also, and am a frequent pot smoker. and i also have possible anxiety issues from depression etc etc. so if you got better, could you please reply back?

what do u do for it when it hurts

I threw up several times through the night and stomch intense pain had put bealt bucled tight stop pain lasted all night relley thursisty

I was up for two days wroking loading. And unloading furnituer

All you can do is wait for the pain to pass. one website said elevating ur bed can help and it may be acid reflux i went to a doctor and she said that's what i had but she did was poke my stomach and then just diagnose me but my symptoms don't fit the bill for acid reflux