I have severe pain attacks in upper abdomen. I think it’s caused by gallbladder attack. Sometimes pain occurs below the ribs. I started to avoid fat meals. Please give me suggestion how to relieve gallbladder pain.

Narcotics are painkillers that are indicated in gallbladder pain. You have to ask your doctor for prescription. He may prescribe you codein ar dolophine. You can take non prescriptions like acetaminophene 325mg 3 or 4 times a day. If you use ibuprofen, its usual dose is 200mg every 4 or 6 hours.

There has to be some way to lighten the pain of gallbladder trouble with food? Once an attack is on right? Gas-ex can help some right? so what's in gas-ex, what kinds of foods can help relieve that kind of pressure?

Brew yourself some Flaxseed tea, and drink a couple cups of it... it will help relieve gallbladder attacks. Tastes kinda funny but it thins the bile out and eases the pain.

You'll need some whole flax seeds from the health food store; ... Boil water in a quart saucepan, add a tablespoon of flax seeds. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for approx 10 minutes. Strain and drink.

After that you should look up Hulda clarks gallbladder cleanse on google.. Follow through with it and it will remove your gallstones.

No need for any drugs. Don't let the doctors convince you otherwise.

My mum has had gallstones for 5 years and now has developed gallbladder disease. Finally after 6 months of waiting we have a date for the operation in febuary, but unfortunatly the pain and nausea which occurs daily (pretty much all day), is no longer relieved by painkillers (tramadol, codine, paracetamol and ibruprufen) and anti sickness pills. We tried a hot water bottle which took her mind off it enough to help her sleep, but a nurse has told me this can cause inflammation. Anybody got any other ideas?
Thanks

1TBS of cider vinegar to one cup of apple cider will help!

Eat a good breakfast and eat frequently (snacks between meals). Fasting and then eating a high fat meal makes it worse. Something that triggers my attacks is skipping breakfast and eating a big meal later in the day. Exercising and eating a low-fat diet help. I've heard recently that taking vitamin C and drinking lots of water with meals helps, but I've yet to try this one. As long as I eat on a schedule and eat snacks between meals it seems I can still eat what I want to. Every once in a while I forget to eat on a schedule and the pain reminds me to stick to what works! Good luck.

Try 1 tbs of Vinegar and a cup of orange juice give it 10 mins and the pain is gone!

See a gastroenterologist, tell him your symptoms, and ask for prescription Librax. It helps to coat your stomach in painful situations. I need it now more than ever after I actually had my gallbladder out because of pains just as bad as they were when I did have a gallbladder. You take it as soon as you start to have the feeling of pain coming starts working in about 10 minutes and pain starts going away fast. I am also a Registered Nurse and strongly suggest it.

When u have stomach pain,ask the dr for GI cocktail, it numbs your stomache pain. I believe lortab pain pills have caused my gallstone problems. My sister took them for 6 months then had to have her gallbladder removed. I started taking pain pills - Lortab for alittleover 8 months and now I am having liver and gallstone problems. If u can avoid pain pills like this, try.....

you need to search Flax seed's they help breakdown the gallstones in you're gallbaldder. I have the same pain and currently am drinking Flax seed tea. No pain killers will help. doctors will tell you it needs to be removed, but that will leave you with more problems then before.

I have found that beet juice helps to alleviate the symptoms, I just take a can of beets, drain the juice into a cup and drink the juice. It has been working well.

Don't skip your meals. Also, as other users in this topic suggested, use flax seed, beetroot juice or mix vinegar with juice for a relief.

Yes love uoy

When you feel the attack first starting apple juice will help. Particularly not from concentrate or apple cider. Then add ibuprofen usually 800mg for me but i'm a big guy. Red tea helps a little too. Finally, epsom salt taken as a laxative. It smooths out the bile ducts and lets the grit or stone come loose. The epsom pretty much always works for me but it obviously sucks to run to the toilet constantly lol. Been managing mine 5 years this way.