Recently I felt a sharp, acute pain just under my left breast where my lung is. It felt like a deep stabbing pain and it felt worse when I took a deep breath. I found I had to hold my breath to make it hurt less. I found another post on here relating to the same thing but it only happens to me very rarely. Is it something to worry about?

Hi Im 32 Years old,Last Night i had extreme Sharp pain all around my left breast bone That radiated also to my left shoulder..I thought i was having a heart attack,Although th pain feels like it is coming from my lung.This morn woke up,and Pain Returned.I could barely walk my daughterto School,Lt along do my Normal Arobic Activity.Went to the Er had a Ekg,Which i was told was Normal.I also had a Chest Xray,Which again the told me it was Normol.The said it coud just be Inflamation of the Muscle.They Gave me 600 miligrams of Motrin,which did not work!!!!Im still in pain now and dont know what to do!!!!Im not Crazy this pain is Real,I layd down only to find that,I can only lie Fly without it hurting,I Can not sleep on my side!!Im getting depressed,I hav things to do that i cant/So i know what your going through!Ithought maybe i had pluerusiry [Since iknow i haves light epheyema] but they told me No im too young.Wtf sowhat si wrong with me!!I cant Take pain killers every day!

I had a sharp stabbing pain that would occur sporadically throughout 2-3 yrs until it got so severe i went to the hospital. They also did not find anything wrong with a chest xray..i went to my dr. afterwards and he pushed on the area of complaint. It hurt so bad my whole body jumped off of the table. He diagnosed it as costo-chondritis which is inflammation of the cartilage of the rib. It felt as though someone was stabbing me with a knife whenever it occurred and it happened when i layed on my right side (The pain was on my left side of my chest under my breast.) He gave me some pads that had medicine on them that would penetrate the skin (sort of like a big bandage) and these helped. Hope this helps.

As i am doing my re-search after having a similar pain on the left side under my breast next to my rip.Am having the same sharp pain and at night i can barely sleep on my left side.If sit for a while and get up,its like am stab with a knife. I went to doctor and after some appointments and blood testes i was told that i was discharged as everythings was cleared.I was told i will be reffered to a chest specialist and for that iit might be sarcoidosis ,which am still waiting to find out.Pain killers dont help....

I experienced this for weeks. I saw several cardiologists who said I was fine. One thought pluresy. Later, I had a ruptured fallopian tube which had been making me bleed internally. Some women feel it in their gut and some in their chest. I also never missed a period. My only sign was severe chest pain.

This sounds exactly the same as I get - so relieved, I hope mine is nothing too serious. Am undergoing xrays and bone scans, as ( had my right breast removed 1985. The pain is so severe and sharp I wake up yelling out with the pain.

Im 13 years old and i have a constebt left breast pain and i am starting to get worried what do i do? If u know

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed***Please read our Terms of Use

Thx

What is causing this? Sharp persistence pain. That is like an ever ready battery.
It just keeps going