I have been thinking about healthy food choices a lot over the last few months, and I was wondering what the deal is with cow's milk. I normally buy the low fat variety, and the cheapest one at that, because we have been low income after my husband was laid off last year. Should I be buying the whole fat variety instead? What are the benefits?

Recently, and to my big surprise, I have seen a few articles that claim whol fat milk is not the right choice for most people, apparently because our Standard American Diet is too fat filled already. Even those articles usually say that whole fat milk is still the right choice for toddlers and young children, who need all the (healthy!) calories they can get. I think the problem is also that a part of the fats in milk are saturated, and those aren't very healthy.

Do not skip the "fatty" foods. This simply means adding butter, olive oil, avocados, nuts, beans & legumes and fatty fish. Fats are converted into energy. Remember fat does not make you fat, but saturated fat clogs the arteries. Just know the difference between omega-3, omega-6 and saturated fats.

fatty milk is gud for children....cuz calcium is required at this age