Hi. I've been diagnosed with high cholesterol, tho I thought I'll be the one without it (yep it runs in family) so now I have to take care of my diet. I'd appreciate any info on food I could eat. Can I eat meat and dairy? Or they're no-no? If I can leave the in my diet, what kind of meat and other food is recommended for high cholesterol. Thanks.

Hi. You can eat a lot of stuff, but in moderation. Keep away from saturated and trans fats that can raise blood cholesterol levels and put you at risk for heart disease. Meat and dairy contain saturated fats, while fast food and baked goods contain trans fats. Don't run away from eggs. They're actually healthy choice, but you shouldn't eat to much. Stay away from fast foods such as fries and hamburgers. Also, avoid processed food. If you like macaroni & cheese, bad news. They're no-no. Also, avoid ice creams. I've read scary fact lately that single cup of ice cream contains more fat than a burger and more cholesterol than 10 glazed doughnuts. Also muffins and brownies are bad choice. Eat fresh fruits instead. If you're meat lover avoid rib-eye steak. Other parts such as tenderloin, rump, flank, or round are better choice for lower cholesterol. Also, don't eat liver. Avoid lobster, if you're seafood fan. As you may see, there's a lot of no-no's.