ive been having flutters, at the same time im struggling with acidity im on esomeprazole. atenolol, im so afraid of taking the anxiety drugs i was prescribed for. i m just always listening to my body, but i know that its anxiety that is causing all the problems i have, eg blodpressure of 144/100, flutters and acidity. i keep avoiding those anxiety drugs, the question is should take those drugs for anxiety?

If your doctor prescribed you those medications then I would suggest you should take them. They will help you feel better and decrease the problems you are having. Why are you afraid of taking the medications?

hi.i thunk you have a high blood pressure. i think you should see a doc about your blood pressure. the doc might give you pills. use them. why did not thid doc see that you have high blood pressure?

I KNOW IT FEELS LIKE A HOPELESS SITIUATION BUT I DONT THINK THE MEDICATION WILL HELP EVERYTHING. BUT WHAT I DO KNOW IS THAT I HAVE BEEN THERE AND IT IS SOOO HARD TO DEAL WITH. BUT YOU WILL OVERCOME IT, I PROMISE. SOMESTIMES YOU JUST NEED TO HEAR THAT.

**edited by moderator**

Celebrity
You may need meds in the short run but the best non-med solution is Cognitive behavioral therapy aka CBT. Join a CBT group or read some CBT books like the one by Sam Obitz and start doing the thought countering exercise called the TEA form. CBT is a bit of a struggle initially but once you get it, it pays dividends for the rest of your life and it is the most effective treatment for anxiety and panic attacks. Good luck to you.