I have been experiencing bad pain in my left shoulder blade area and a lot of belching. I have recently had a chest x-ray which came back normal. My GP says he is baffled and cannot explain it. Sometimes I also have trouble eating anything and start to hiccup and regurgitate my food. It is not pleasant and I have terrific chest pain also when this happens. I know it's not my heart I have been checked but this pain is driving me nuts

I have the same sort of thing, my left shoulder hurts and it always clicks but then I get pressure on my right shoulder and belch a lot after applying pressure and feel like I should throw up. I've had a shoulder x-ray on my left shoulder which has come back normal and am waiting for my MRI on the shoulder to see what that shows. But its really strange.

Strange, apparently it is more common than one would think. I have the same problem. I had a mild heart attach about 10 years ago and I thought/think it has something to do with it. The hollow of my left shoulder hurts and when I rub it, I been to belch and then hard painful hicups begin. I was wondering if it had to do with a large vain maybe going into the left arm or up the neck being partially blocked. Haven't seen the doctor about it. Time for a yearly physical, so will mention it. Anyone have any ideas?

tenko2004c wrote:

my husband had a lung biospy he was left with shoulder pain and continous belching

It could be your gall bladder. its time to have it taken out. Its a non invasive surgery unless you wait till it bursts. I, all my sisters and my mom have had this. And we no longer have our gall bladders. If the symptoms went away, just as soon as you have that pain again go directly to the doctor. If your doctor has not explored the possibiliy of gall bladder problems then you may not have all the symptoms. It can be a great danger to your life not to find out. good luck and dont wait.