Hi, i have been suffering from pains in my right hand side for about a week now, not bad pains, more like aches, but also discomfort on my right hand side, say, when i go to bed, i usually lie on my left side but because of this i've had to swap sides., aswell when i was in bed It felt like my right hand side was "grumbling" like your belly does when you're hungry.
i've also just today, started to get a lil bit of shoulder pain, on my right hand side.
please give me your opinions as I am very worried, i won't be able to see my GP till monday so I would just like my worry to be eased for the weekend
many thanks xxxx

Hi Joshikazam

Glad you're going to see your GP on Monday, your symptoms definitely need attending to. The location of the pain, especially radiating to your right shoulder, indicates it could be just an impacted gall stone. If the pain becomes excruciating you should take yourself off to the emergency department of the hospital.

Hope this helps - let us know how you go

Regards, Olwen :-)

thankyouuuuuuu :-D
I looked it up even more & it turns out it's extremely likely it's all because of cod liver oil capsules, i started taking high strength 1000mg capsules about a week ago, one a day, because I have ADHD & dyspraxia, & I heard they help to settle it a bit or somethin, but I also read online yesterday that quite a few people have had exactly the same side-affects that I've been having! So i've stopped taking them now & hopefully all this will stop. I've had no discomfort since yesterday lunch after I took a capsule so fingers crossed, see how I am over the next few days, if the side affects or symptoms whatever you want to call them, appear again then I'll go to my GP as i said i was going to in the first place, if not, then I'll leave it cause I think it's safe to say it's because of the capsules :-)
fish oil is a b***h ! haha
thankyou for your input olwen!, much appreciated!

Hi Joshikazam

Glad to be able to help......but don't cancel that appointment with your GP.

One 1000mg oil capsule shouldn't have that effect. When you eat oily or fatty food your gall bladder squeezes a squirt of bile out into your duodenum in order to emulsify the fat particles. If you've already got a lot of gall stones then this is the time that they can easily get pushed into the gall bladder duct. If they're small they'll get through with just a little discomfort. But if they're large they can get stuck. If they get stuck the pain is excruciating, and you'll end up in hospital on painkillers while they wait for the stone to pass, or take out your gall bladder. Not a fun experience.

It would be a good idea to get your GP to check that your gall bladder isn't full of stones...but also to check that it wasn't something else entirely that was causing your symptoms. Remember that I'm writing from the other side of cyberspace, whereas your GP is able and trained to check your health in person.

Have a good weekend, and let us know what happens with your visit to the GP.

Regards, Olwen :-)

thankyou my friend :-D I shall let you know xxxx