I need advice!
I feel pain when I inhale. This pain is on the inner side of the shoulder blade (on the right side), closer to spine. Pain is very sharp and it prevents to inhale air. So, I have to inhale with small breathing. Has anybody idea what this might be?

I think you have problems either with lungs or ribs; I am not sure; x-ray is needed to confirm that. But doctors connect those two when people have difficulties with breathing. Do you smoke? Do you exercise regular?
Visit a doctor.

hi i do construction and i was pulling up a kitchen floor and i have severe shoulder blade pain and it gets hard to breathe what is that from?

Did you ever figure out what this was? I have the same thing - any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Josh

hi i have exactly the same pain, im 16 i dont smoke, i play contact sport at a high level regualry (rugby) and it has been getting worse lately every time i breathe in it is excruciating just under my right shoulder blade, what the hell is it?! could it be ribs?
thanks

HEY THERE.

I am new here but I feel your pain man, I was beat up four days back and tost into a park bench and now coughing up a think white mucis now for two days, I also have a sholder blade pain..

its freaking me out.

been looking all over the net to see what it could be other then broken ribs but here is the only place I have seen anything on this topick.

Why can't any doctor give a straight answer!? Why can't anyone write something on here. I am a fairly high level rower and for around that past couple of years have felt pain under my left scapula and when inhaling deeply can feel a sort of muscular pain. I'm thinking it may be a repetitive strain type of injury, some muscle scaring, which is agrivated after training/competition, but who knows?! Have got a competition in a week or so and will have to try and focus on good warm-ups. Although this might not help I suppose it can't hurt!?

any1 body pls help for this pain ...I and my father facing same problem from last 3 months ..fed up changing doctors pls pls help for this

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **
Please read our Terms of Use

Hey guys, i have the same problem stated here. First i only felt the pain under my shoulder blade, but then i started to look it up and i saw that it happened to other people while inhaling. So i tried inhaling and it hurt. I'm 15, dont smoke, dont drink, dont do any of that stuff. I play outside almost everyday for almost 2 hours. if anyone gets a straight answer for a doctor please post their reply here.

I woke up with the same pain next to right scapula. Went to chiropractor she said a rib was out of place. When she adjusted me I felt better almost instantly. Still sore but feeling much better. Doctors are sure dumb these days.

im 16 and i have played football for 6 years i am a junior and in the middle of a football game i got hit and have had pain in my back in what feels like my shoulderbalde or under it or something ever since, and whenever i get hit hard or pick stuff up or breathe deep or twist a wrong way it comes back and hurts worse for like 2 days then it goes back to the same old sharp pain thats always been there since that game, whats the best way to get rid of it, i have had it for like two years and i would like it gone

Hi, here's my experience of it...
VERY sharp pain on the inner edge of shoulder blade? could be caused by many things such as lifting something heavy or some sort of impact, twisting or sitting awkwardly etc...
I spend many hours at a computer and when I exercise it's usually intense and not often enough, if I overdo either, sometimes a vertebrae can become misaligned, the muscles inflame etc and a nerve compressed "pinched" which can cause sharp pain, hurts to move arm, turn head, breath etc and can last a week or more. I find putting something cold against it can calm it down, ibuprofen (or anti inflammatory painkillers) can help too.
I find that the more active I am generally then the less I get this pain. keeping your whole spine flexible is important.
I have the pain right now - I did 16 hours at a computer, next day got out of the car at an awkward angle and "TWANG" lol

I have had a pain next to my shoulder blade and in my ribs for 6 months now. It hurts to take things down off a hanger that movement is worse or writing. Had all the tests MRI of the spine. Gall Bladder scan and chest xray. Some blood test came back High. question of Lupus. Has anybody felt the same pain and if so have they solved it yet?

Hi all, i've had severe pain on my right shoulder blade, to my neck, and now across to my left should blade. i think this is due to stress and alot of mousing around on the computer. I typically use my left hand to trackball, but the trackball hasn't been working, so i went back to my right and am using a mouse. i initially started the left trackball to alleviate pressure on my right, as i write right handed too, and now i remember why.  the thing that caused me to look this up is now i find it painful to breath deep. i yawn and it hurts.  i'm hoping heat pack will work- tiger balm helped a little while yesterday, but as it wore off, the pain came back. i have avoided medication, but might go for the ibuprofen, as it helps inflammation.  i spend upwards of 11 hours in front of a computer so i think this is the issue and i think i need to take  a break! luckily, i happen to have an appt. with the doc next week for a physical, so this has come at the right time.  i'll discuss with him and let y'all know. :)    ~Female, Age 42 Active/Fit General Good Health.  

Hi all,

suffered from this for many years.....the only thing that works to clear (and it is usually within 6 hours of manipulation) is to have all the knots taken out your back my a masseur or lay practitioner (the wife/partner will do) who knows what they are doing.  What these guys have told me is that there are ligaments running all over the place and can cross over (giving that lumpy knot feeling).  Once removed hey presto Im back carrying my young ones about and acting the goat on the floor....give it a go u will not be disappointed.