Last year I had a minor car accident and I injured my shoulder. But since I was an avid swimmer before that, as soon as I’ve recovered I’ve decided to start swimming again. The problem is I’m a bit worried because what if I somehow hurt this injured shoulder. Any ideas whether to swim again or to leave it for the time being?

I don’t know what to advise you since there are certain injuries for which swimming is one of the rehabilitation exercises. I think that perhaps it’s the same in your case. I think that you should talk to your physiotherapist and tell him what you sense. If you plan to train every day and to swim like before, I can only say that it’s not so easy and what if your shoulder hurts you while swimming. Maybe you can try one of those sports bandages which will support your arm. I think that you maybe should leave swimming for the time being and go see your doctor, because why would you complicate the situation.

Well, first try to get well soon by avoiding any physical work. After 2 months you can join swimming. As I am a doctor will suggest you to take care of yourself for 2 months more.