Hello, folks. Many people speak highly of yoga. I get the feeling it can almost solve any type of problem. However, I am not completely sure. Does yoga have any side effect? Is it possible that such effects exist? I would gladly hear out what you think about this topic. Thank you in advance.

I have had mild persistant asthma for the past few years and been on steroids for about that much time.
***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

I & my cousin have experienced serious side effects after starting the yoga practice. Both of us started developing severe stomach pains ( similar to bloating) at the same time after intaking some types of foods.

Yoga when done without proper guidance and knowledge cannot be effective and have side effects. Like when weight lifting or in gym, if we don't wear guards and take other necessary precautions, it may be harmful. It is good to start with the breathing exercise with the said rhythm to see a change.

We all are well aware of benefits of yoga. Some purely believes that Yoga has no side effects. According to them when we start yoga practices our body can have certain disabilities while eliminating the waste/ morbid products out of the body. They call these as Healing Crisis. According to them these effects diminishes gradually after some time.However many people mention certain bad effects while practicing yoga. Most of these effects are seen in the initial phase when the individual has just started the yoga practices. Where some effects got corrected with the advancing time others got worsen. So here we need to be bit careful while starting the yoga practices.

Yoga has no side effects when done with proper guidance & Knowledge.

i am trying to lose about 15-20 pounds in the next 6 weeks. i will be changing my diet and doing cardio every day along with yoga two times a week.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** 

Ive also had side cramps but I think its just your body adjusting to the new "workout" its getting if you havent been too active in awhile, but overall your body should have close to none affects =]