My team finished 14th in the men's open division with a time of 3:00:40 at a 6:54 pace. Not bad for a bunch of old guys - I may have been the youngest at age 45. I

ran the 2nd leg which was 5k. Time of 19:59 by my watch, not what I had hoped for but not far off what I expected. Excellent crowd support on a cool, humid and sometimes rainy day. Everything went off fairly smoothly other than the exchange point where I had to hand the wrist band off to our 3rd runner. They were calling out numbers as we approached the chute but the yoyo didn't read my number right. He was calling for 5819 and I was wearing 5813 :? I started hollering my own number as I approached the chute and our guy was there ready in a flash. Not a bad exchange for two guys who had never met before.

Overall a good time and my team knocked a full 7 minutes off last years team's time. The only downside was I failed to find Kimba90 and missed a chance to talk with her. Here's to hoping she had a great race.

Nothing wrong with a sub 20.

Your team did great. That was a pretty fast time, especially if you were the youngest member of the team

way to go teamrob!! 14th in the mens' open is awesome. nice 5K roadrunner! you were a team playah today for sure.

sounds like a great experience, the relay, in spite of the yoyo in the chute calling the wrong number. :?

Excellent job rob. :thumbsup: Too bad you missed Kimba.

How many people ran on your team?

Nice time Rob! And you had that uphill around the park!
Great place for the team too, I heard there were about 500 relay teams?
The relay points seemed really congested, I was glad they segregated the relay and marathon folks off. I thought you were running the 2nd 5K leg. It was a zoo at Canal Park after the race, everyone was crowded into the overhang due to the rain. I doubted you had hung out with the cold weather, and I didn't stay too long either afterward.

That's a great time! For a bunch of old farts.

5 runners. Leg distances were 10k, 5k, 10k, 5k and the final leg was 7.something miles.

That is a great time for any age. Props to your team.

Congratulations - excellent time for your leg, especially for a relay - it's much harder to get warmed up while waiting for someone else.

500 teams?! Egads.. good goin' Rob!

:1:
good job :thumbsup:

:1:
good job :thumbsup:
:1: