Ugh I've had so many problems recently down there!

It started as redness and itching then a horrible red swelling-I went to the STD clinic yesterday absolutely terrified and the Dr assured me it was not warts and not herpes-she said she'll test for herpes just in case but as she was doing the test she said 'this is a spot,if it comes back as herpes i'll be VERY surprised, it really doesn't look like it at all, this is just for your piece of mind'. She seemed very sure I was okay for that. She examined me and did a smear, had a proper look at my vulva and said I was being silly, this is just a spot and not to worry at all.

I stupidly had sex this morning (my boyfriend and I have been together 2 years).

Today it's worse, it's horribly angry looking, red and swollen and sore. I've put on antiseptic cream-I'm relieved it's not an STD but at the same time, what on earth is it-if it's just a spot, it's bacterial-I shave so I guess I could have caused it, hurt my skin, it's in a dodgy area right at the top of my slit so it's enclosed and that area is all warm and enclosed I suppose so it'll heal slower than a spot anywhere else :(

What can I do to help it heal faster and stop the infection spreading? I'm so scared :( Anybody else had anything like this?

I can't work either because I feel so disgusting and horrible, I'm feeling really depressed and monged out on the sofa today :(

Health Guru
Hi Jessica is this still the same spot as you was on about in your other post that i helped you on?

No this is a different one! It just appeared -I had soreness and red skin and though I'd just shaved too close to the skin. I've been to the Doctors now and he says it's probably a blocked gland that's caused a boil and given me antibiotics :( I went to STD clinic yesterday (precautionary, I really don't think I've got any STDs and she said I didn't have warts for certain (which I was talking about on the other post you kindly replied to me on ) and that she's pretty certain this isn't herpes-she told me it was just a spot and to leave it alone and it would disappear like any other spot would-but today I was so worried that I'd end up with some horrible infection that I went to the Dr and got antibiotics today :( and signed off work!lol

Health Guru
If you would like to draw it out faster put a hot as you can bare face cloth on it and it should help draw it out :-)
I bet the antibiotics was amoxicillin?
They will take about 3 days to get into your system and start working in the mean time try and keep the area uncovered so nothing rubs it :-)

Thanks for all your help. I'm SO upset. It looks awful :( just want it to go so badly :(
I've had similar things before, from shaving. I think I'm going to look into laser hair removal when It's better. My skin just isn't cut out for shaving :(
flucloxacillin is the antibiotic!I'm terrified it's not going to work. I've had it for similar things before and it has done, though. Fingers crossed :(

Health Guru
Dont be upset hun its not like everyone
is going to see it lol im sure your boyfriend doesn't mind and think its ugle.
Laser hair removal is expensive lol why dont you just let it grow and keep it trimmed then just get bikini line done will so much sexier ;-)

I have the most patient, understanding boyfriend in the whole world!

Expensive maybe but at the moment I'd re-mortgage my house and sell my car to get rid of this!!

Health Guru
You say he is the most patient boyfriend in in the world and i bet if tells you to stop worrying over it doesn't if lol

Yes he does-he says I'm making it worse by keeping looking at it and washing it and anti-septic creams, and making myself worse being so stressed and upset over it! My life's on hold though! I love running and I can't, and I can't work ;(

Health Guru
Well do just as if says then because he is right with what he says.
Worrying won't make it better it will only make it worse.

I've tried to pm you but I always get an error mssage saying 'Message has less than 3 words' (It doesn't ). 

I've emailed you instead, not sure if you can get it.

Are u a dr

Health Guru
Hi, if your asking me if I'm a Dr then the answer is no lol