I was diagnosed skin cancer in my vagina. I thought that skin cancers are caused by sun light radiation. Actually I’ve never been exposing on sun intensively. It is diagnosed that tumor is in its first stage of development and that can be surgical removed with great chances for success. But how is it possible? Can vaginal skin cancer be caused by std?

Vaginal cancer can be caused by human papiloma virus that belongs to group of sexually transmitted diseases. Vaginal skin cancer is most common type of vaginal cancers, they usually occur in the top part of vagina and adenocarcinomas are rarer type. Usually vaginal skin cancer affects older women, over 65 years of age, and adenocarcinoma affects younger women but is usually caused by hormonal medications DES that was prescribed in ’60 to prevent miscarriage. Surgery, radiation therapy and/or chemotherapy are used in treatment of vaginal cancer. Wish you get well soon.

i am only 15 and i have these two small lumps on the skin of my vigina, there raised and have black spots on them, it hurt to touch them and im worried because there is skin cancer in my family and my dad has recently been digonoised with cancer so before i confront my mum i thought that i would ask for advice.

Black spots that hurt?

I'd say get them checked out as soon as you can.

why should i be concerned about it?