Hi. I am 67 years old and I have skin tags on my neck and eyelids. I want to remove them. They are not irritating, but they look ugly. What can I do? Will insurance cover the surgery?

Hi. Skin tags usually don`t require any treatment, unless they are irritating or cosmetically displeasing. Skin tags can be removed in several ways - surgically, by freezing (so called cryotherapy), cautery (electrically burning off) and by tying off the the stem. Removal of skin tags usually leaves no scar. All the methods are considered to be minor surgeries. Skin tags are benign. They are really harmless. Clothing or jewelry can cause irritation, however. Insurance will not cover the removal because it is considered to be cosmetic surgery.

When you get an answer to this let me know. I'm 45 and have same issues.

I heard from few folks that they were able to have insurance cover the removal of skin tags as longs as it causes "Pain and discomfort" to the actual patient. And the patient reports the "Pain and discomfort". This is as much as I can tell you....... loophole?

I had 50 skin tags removed from my neck .It only cost 50.00.I add it done in the office.The larger ones, they deaden them first and cut them off my neck .My neck looked really smooth afterward.They  laugh telling me, i must be growing these tags, when they thought they got them all and found out i had more of them, they hadn't seen, while cutting all them off.I cut them off now as soon as i see one growing with sharp sissors dipped in alcohol.