Hello, my friends. My daughter has been recently diagnosed a skin tag. We should go to a dermatologist, but I would also like to ask you something. Is it possible to use salicylic acid for a removal. I would like to thank to all those people that reply to my post. Bye, my friends.

Hello to you too. Skin tags are harmful and don't represent a major threat to one's health. Experts don't recommend salicylic acid for skin tag removal. Salicylic acid is more used for removal of warts. Warts have rough skin and need chemicals such as this acid. Skin tag is a part of soft skin and if it is treated by this acid, skin may be irritated or burned. I suggest you and your daughter to visit dermatologist. Removal process isn't complicated at all. I hope you will listen to my advice. Good luck!

I'm asking if you might know removal. No insurance, can't afford it.

I've bought new toenail clippers ,sterilized ,and clipped mine off. Never came back had no problems. That's just me tho. U can barley feel it if where it's attached is very thin. Just make sure u sterilize it with a flame let it cool and don't use dirty ones Uve used on nails or toes. That's a infection waiting to happen then after wash with antibacterial soap and soak in alcohol rinse then let air dry wipe with paper towel not a cloth. cloths still have bacteria on them