Hello, guys. My child was found a skin tag on a regular systematic health examination in their school. The doctor said that it isn't dangerous, but he suggests removal which is not much complicated. I would like to know, first, what skin tags are in fact. I would be very thankful if someone replied me. Thanks.

Hello to you too. You don't need to worry. Skin tags are growths or tumors that are attached to normal skin. This attachment is made of skin tissue called peduncle or stalk. They can have normal skin color or can be little pigmented. Medically, they are know as acrochonrdons. They are harmless and without malignant potential. They don't have an impact on health, but they can be an aesthetic problem, especially if there is a large number of them. If they are in contact with clothes, they become irritated and so it would be best to remove them. Removal isn't a problem. I hope I've helped.