Hi I'm 20 and in thd past few years I have been getting what looks like piles on my anus. It doesn't hurt but sometimes there is bright red blood left in the toilet tissue. But honestly it's that they look ugly and make me insecure during sex. What can I do about them? I'm so embarrassed I haven't even been to the doctors yet and not sure if they can do anything about it.

Hi, I'm a girl (21) and I've had the same problem for a few years. Last year I got so insecure about the skin tag that I actually tried to tie it off (It didn't work and really hurt) Since then I have been to the doctors and they have said they can't remove it cause 1. They said its purely a 'cosmetic' problem and 2. If they were to remove it, the cut could heal weirdly and cause the anus to be looser, causing hygiene problems. After a long and hard think I decided that I am prepared to live with the skin tag and accept it as part of me because I would rather have it than suffer from hygiene problems as a result of having it removed cause that would definitely be a turn off! I think as long as you have a nice body a skin tag isn't going to put men off and if it does they're shallow anyway! Also if you search on tumblr etc you'll see quite a few pictures of girls' backsides that have skin tags or loose skin on them and I honestly don't think it looks that bad. I was just self concious cause I thought I was abnormal but now I've realised its too much of a trivial thing to be worrying about :) Hope this made you feel better