I always had skin tags but I didn't know where they came from or why. Last year I was dx with PCOS and I was told that was a part of it. I was just wondering how can I take them out because it's a few that really bother me. The ones on my neck are fine but I have some that are right under my bra straps and they pull some of the time. I know I can ask my doctor about them but is that lame?

Since skin tags are generally harmless, they are usually removed for aesthetic or cosmetic reasons. Physicians usually remove skin tags using one of the following methods:

Cauterization - the skin tag is burned off using electrolysis
Cryosurgery - the skin tag is frozen off using liquid nitrogen
Ligation - the blood supply to the skin tag is interrupted
Excision - the skin tag is removed with a scalpel

It is not "lame" to ask your doctor about removal. If they are bugging you and you don't like the looks of them, have them removed!

I was just wondering if i could use the stuff that you use to remove warts? My husband thinks that I have munchausen but I don't because I have to go to the doctor almost every week for something and he thinks it's me but I take so many meds until my doctor lives off my labs. I just want to get better because I think that I come pretty close to max-in my aloted amount on the insurance every year. Our flex-spending is gone and it's only May I'm just so worn out with the whole things not to mension that i have to go to a therapist every week for ptsd " read Do My Husband Really Understand" in the Emotions and Realtionships. I'm in hell right now but I see the light so I want be here for long. :-)

Could be worth a try. I don't see where it would hurt you and if anything just wouldn't work and then you could try something else.

Regarding the Munchhausen syndrome. I don't think your husband clearly understands what this is. Munchhausen is a parenting disorder in which the parent either fabricates an illness or induces an illness in their child. Munchhausen syndrome by proxy (MSBP) differs from other forms of parenting disorder in that the offending parent is almost always the mother, she usually appears to be a model mother, there is little or no indication of family discord, and the abusive behavior is clearly premeditated, not impulsive, and not in reaction to the child's behavior. The parent may claim that their child is ill, when the child is not. For example, a parent might claim their child is having seizures when the child is not. Or a parent may allege that their child is passing blood in its urine and provides urine samples suggesting this is so, whereas the parent has pricked their own finger and dripped blood into the urine sample.

It really has nothing to do with you and more your projection of illness onto your child. Is he referring to you as a hypochondriac? There is a lot of help out there for either. Let us know!

I'm not that either I just think that he thinks that I'm making up all these appointments that I have but I'm not. Before I started dealing with this I hadn't been to the doctor in 10 years but I started having very bad head aches and my vision was getting bad so I went to the doctor and my blood pressure was 148/100 and he said you can take theses meds or go across the street to the hospital because you are dead. So that's when it started and it's been going on every since. I would just like to have the right things to say to him to ease his mind because I tell him the truth and he get worried and tell just don't go because he think the doctor just want my money. %-)

Yeah, sounds more like a misunderstanding and communication issue. Maybe by showing him that you are taking care of a few things without the doctor might build up a little change in your pocket and show that you can do it! Skin tags are not life or death, so you could do a little home remedy stuff and see if that works. Unless you notice some darkening and changes in the tag, there is no need to worry yourself. Am sure you will find a lot of great information here on the forum. There is a lot of advice out there accompanied by some hard-pressed experience. Best of luck to you! Keep in touch.