I have been shaving for years, I'm 28 and last summer got a skin tag outside my vagina near my leg joint, where I had nicked myself, now I have some around my anus, where I have also nicked myself, what do I do.
Is this normal, how do I get rid of them. Are they even skin tags?
I'm very concerned. There is no itching or pain, but they look gross.
Help please

I have the same problem, about 4 and some years ago, i shaved 4 the 1st time, the i developed a couple of skin tags. and i still have them and a couple small and one big. they are where i nicked my self also.

i have the exact same problem, and im 16!!! i have been thinking about going to the doctors about it but havent been able to bring myself to do it as it is so embarrasing, its reassuring though to hear im not the only one

Who ever wrote you girls have some cases of genital warts doesnt know what she is taking about. It is common in women and men to have skin tags around the vigina and men ball sack. Sometimes its common for them to grow inside. Genital warts can be around as pennies or quarters. and they are on top of one another and using flat when u touch them. Skin tags are round and feel like a mole and there spreaded apart. Genital warts always come back after lazor or burned off... A Skin tag or a mole can be lazored off and not come back. But some cases have shown for them to re surface. Its common in women to get these skin tags with a change of there body, change of life, gained weight, becoming a women. And they cannot pass this along to there partner. Now Genital warts is a S.T.D. that can be passed among partners. So if u have unprotected sex ur partner will get them. Lesions are just like skin tags that also can be removed. You can get these lazored off and a ob/gyn will keep an eye to make sure u dont get them again... There are pictures genital warts, skintags etc on the internet. You can take a mirror and look at them and then then look at each ones picture and find out what actually u have. Sometimes skin tags grow in numbers in that area Thats when an ob.gyn will lazor them off...
I hope this answers ur questions... I had skin tags myself and had them lazored of and they never surfaced again.....

omg this question was a life saver for me thank you very much! I just recently noticed some small bumps by my anhus hole and i thought i had got a std from my ex but i was thinking i shaved 3 weeks ago did not have these and when i shave i shave it all so this gives me hope! I have a dr appointment 2morrow so wish me luck and sanity! Peace

hey I have noticed the same thing recently.....I have shaved for years evrything and i wear thongs and only thongs, for example i sleep in them work out in them...gross I know but im so used to them... I often get yeast infections and im sure thats why so im trying not to wear them all the toime. About two weeks ago I noticed two small bumps right by my anus, so i start freakin like is it genital warts or irritation so i kept an eye on them an noticed no changes, they dont hurt at all and are skin colored i can kinda move them around almost like I could pull them off. I have been with the same person for six years I have never seen any bumps on him anywhere.....I hope they go away i have an appointment with my gyn next week. I am wondering if they could possibly be skin tags?!?

:-D I just saved not even an 1 1/2 ago and I started to freak out. I get checked every yr and just in case if I feel I need to (I have been done wrong by my ex). I got checked right after I left him neg every thing. I found a good man and we have been together for around 1 1/2 living together for 10mths.... When I felt it I start to freak out. I am a big girl and the last 1/2yr gained some wait so I was really try to put my leg this way & that way. I told my man to look and take pics (not a good job) and tell me every thing. I have 2 between my vigina and leg on each side. He tried to pop it like it was a pimple but once on the bed and really checking it I notice it felt like a skintag. I asked him when was the last time he got "checked" he told me sometime in 2002 when he was in the milatary.... OMG I swore I asked him we used condoms and 1 time unprotected right (I think) before my yearly check up and I all the test of course of neg. I have an OBGYN on Monday for double over cramps right before my period and checking to see if I have a cyst on my left overy.

I havent seen anything on him but you never know..... I pray it is just the skintags and nothing worse....

Same exact thing with me. I don't know what to do.

something abot the same has happened to me but i dontshave my pooping area, but its only one and its placement could not be worse, it perfectly placed so that every time i have to go #2 its painful. how do iget rid of this thing?

that sounds like a hemorrhoid, girl

hey gals im a dude and i have noticed the same think and i have a trick to get rid of them , and it works

het dental floss or string and tie a knot on the skin tag and it cuts off the blood , flow , then i cut it off , zero pain and little blood , or wait and it falls off, i dont know about doing it on ya butt hole tho might be tough ha.

hope it helps

knox

You have no idea what you're talking about. They are skin tags and what did they say? They stated it was from shaving, possibly waxing as well and that they were skin tags. I'm sure there's a huge difference. Don't worry ladies, they are not genital warts and for idiots like the one that stated that, it was apparent it was either some id**t guy or some m***n that knows nothing about issues women go through at any age. I had them myself. They were the exact thing you mentioned and YES, they are skin tags and can easliy be removed. Talk to your gynecologist and they can remove them for you. They were on my upper leg, not on my genitals, that's for sure, so I knew before I even brought this up to my Dr. that it wasn't serious. They can freeze them and they will fall right off. They can remove them in many unpainful ways with a local anesthetic ( just like they would use at a dentists office) if you had something you didn't need to be put under for and yes, they can be removed. There are many reasons for getting them, shaving as I stated, waxing can do it and just the rubbing of the upper thighs against jeans or underwear can cause this. Any kind of friction on the leg..So not to worry and I wouldn't be embarrassed to talk to your doctors about it because yes, although it can be embarrassing, who else would you rather speak to about this a stranger, like the fool above that has no clue as to what they're talking about or someone that had them, maybe 2 I think and had them removed never to have had them come back again. They are not any kind of veneral disease, they are totally benign and not to worry. Doctors have seen it all. This isn't something that's going to surprise them. On this page alone, it's basically showing you're not alone and many women have these things. So have them removed, because you're right, they don't look attractive. They're skin tags that people get around their necks because of a necklace that has been chafing them by moving around. I'm 32 and had them, so you can be any age. Hope this helps.

I am not too sure about the heating up of dental floss and then cutting them off myself. Too much risk for infection. The scissors can still hold bacteria on them even after sterilizing. I would rather someone who has this type of experience like a paid healthcare professional. I wouldn't trust myself.

Hey people I started to notice them on the balls sack area had them for a year or so then notice bumps around my anus area. Got so scared and panicked. I started to research this problem. This is too much. Solution: I stopped shaving them areas and I kid you not with in two or three months pass they were going away. All I started to do was wash the areas effected two to three times a day. Also stopped shaving down there and now both areas are clean and clear of anything. Now I just trim don't shave. Have not had anything come back. Very happy cause I really got scared and worried that I got something from using public restrooms or that I got it from someone that used my restroom.

Hi, My StepDaughter who lives with her mother has skin tags around her anus and she is only four years old and has never shaved or anything, and her mother insists she has an STD. The mother is keeping her from us and says he has an STD around her anus, which it looks like skin tags to me.. idk what to do about it..