My father is diagnosed with multiple sclerosis and besides all the symptoms related to MS he also has sleep problems. I might be wrong but I’ve noticed that his sleep problems have something to do with his neurological problems. I think that his condition gets worse when he hasn’t sleep enough so I’d like to know are sleep problems related to neurological problems and if so what he can do to sleep better?

Yes that’s for sure sleep problems are related to neurological problems, and you’ve noticed it well his MS symptoms have more serious form when he didn’t get much sleep. But also lack of a sleep or sleep disorders in general may provoke depression and anxiety which also affects neurological difficulties. There’re some steps he can consider in order to reduce sleep problems- he needs to go to bed at the same time at evening but also needs to wake up at about same time at mornings for any disruption of sleep schedule may lead to insomnia which again may increase neurological condition, he should avoid drinking coffee and alcohol and quit smoking. My father always relax before bed time he usually has warm bath and while in bed he reads for a while and than fall asleep, so this is his routine something like bedtime ritual that helps him sleep better. And when he doesn’t feel like sleeping than its better not to go in bed. Those are some self-help steps that could make your dad reduce his sleep problems that are for sure related to neurological ones. But in case he keeps having sleep problems still he better go and check it out with his physician.