My son is almost 7 years old. He still sleeps in bed with me and my husband. We tried in several occasions to move him but he start crying so hard that I am worried that he will get sick. How we can get child to stop sleeping with parents?

I don't think there is a set age; it's whenever the parents and child are ready for him to. But since your kid is pre-school or older, then I'd say it's way past time! I think you should ask for professional help with this. We had a co-sleeper for ours, for son was in it until 2, my daughter was done with it about 18 months.

One thing I learned on a program called Supernanny was that you put him back into his bed and sit on the floor with your head down until he goes to sleep. If he gets out of his bed, stand up and put him right back. Repeat until he falls asleep. It took a little while for it to work. After that's accomplished, then you(next time) put him in bed and walk right out. If he keeps coming out of his room, keep on putting him back until he goes to sleep. Next, after you've accomplished that, everything should fall into place and be okay. That's what I would do. It worked.

I slept with my parents till I was 4, and now im 12. the reason why i stop is that my mom gave me a minney mouse that's 4 feet tall, she told me that the minney is my mommy.(well, I kinda believed that :$) Back to the problem, I think your boy won't believe that. so try buying him a nightlight. :-D

Dang, my sister just turned 15 and she is still sleeping in the same bed as my mom... she acts so childish all the time too, still sucks her thumb and has a blanket she's had since she was born. I could understand a kid 8 or younger doing this (to an extent), but 15 is a little ridiculous. What would make her grow up, and start acting normal for her age?

my girlfriend is soon to be 20 yrs old. her dad travels a lot and when he is out of town she insists on sleeping with her mom. am i overreacting or is this ridiculous and she needs to grow up?

My daughter will be 21 in september and when my husband pulls an all nighter she will sleep with me. We just lay in my bed and watch tv and end up falling asleep. She knows the difference of course. I have no problem with this at all. There are times when i will go downstairs and hang out in her bed to watch some tv as well, if i end up falling asleep i eventually wake up for a "potty" call and stumble my way way to my own bed.

I work nightshift 4 days a week. When I work, my fiance's 10 year old son sleeps in our bed with her. It really drives me nuts. I just don't think it's right anymore. I feel she baby's him when she does this. Not to mention, I just want something in our house to be ours (hers & mine) and no one else's. We have nothing to ourselves. Can't we have our bed to ourselves?

Sigh

A 10 year old boy should really not be allowed to sleep with mommy, period. He is old enough to understand when he is told to sleep in his own bed without causing an uprising. The period for monsters in the closet or scarey clowns under the bed should be long passed and mom needs to set this child straight. But in the kids defense, is mom inviting him to bunk with her? Or has it become so matter of fact for him that when it's bed time he glides straight into moms room?
I can understand your frustration for sure. Before you two "tie the knot" you need to have a sit down with mom, in turn she needs to lay it out to her son.
This child is to old for this, puberty is not that far off and it may have started already.
You should not have to ask the question, "can we have our bed to ourselves?" It should not even be an issue at all. We all have a bed to sleep in, now sleep in yours, period.
If he is still scared, leave his door ajar, keep a night light in the hallway next to his room, assure him that you two are right next door, but no way do you need to coddle and pamper a 10 year old boy.
Head it off NOW before you two get married as a child in bed between mom/dad is wonderful birth control.

Have you tried moving your child to their own bed after they fall asleep? Most of the time they won't wake up and while sleeping enjoy the extra room to move around. Try giving your child something of yours to sleep with that way your smell is with them, possibly a shirt or stuffed animal.

The kid is 10 already, maybe he is a big 10 and hard to drag from room to room which is totally unnecessary anyway.
As far as giving a 10 year old something that smells like mom is absurd period.
There is only one way to do it, you have a bed in your room, now sleep in it. He is not a baby needing to feel secure by something that smells like mommy, he is probably on the cusp of puberty right now, which makes sleeping with mom worse.
No making deals or bargains either, such as, "if you be a big boy and sleep in your own bed, mommy will take you to the movies", nope.
I am no way saying that the kid should be tied to his own bed and have the door locked on him, no, not at all. Mom/dad should have a talk with this 10 year old and be nice about it.

Thanks for the input. The 10 year old is not the only culprit here. Mom is as much to blame, if not more because she encourages him to sleep with her when I'm not around. It's not about him being scared. She shares a room with his brother who is 3 years older. And yes, he is a very big 10 year old. There is no carrying him to his bed. Hopefully I'll get back to dayshift within the next few months and this will no longer be a problem because he won't have a choice on where to sleep.

No idea how to slove it, but I do know what MY parents did. They just simply refused to let me and my brother sleep with them unless we were sick, and only those times. We had to sleep in our own beds at all times

I also have an issue. My fiance allows her 13 year old son to sleep in her bed. I also feel I deserve a room and bathroom of my own, (our own) and also understand I cannot change thier whole lives but I do not wish to conceed on this point.
I should not have to share my/our bed or bath, and also feel he needs to grow up.

we all had nightmares, got scared, but most of us grew up. I also know it may be her as much as him, that got into this habit for varying reasons but its not right, nor healthy in my eyes.

Do I be understanding and wait it out for him to grow up and risk being a pansy or put my foot down period?

Neither options seems much tasteful. Its up to her to make and enforce and not go back on the change.

Its up to the son to understand and not even ask such a request.

Id like to hear some comments and suggestions.

A 13 year old sleeping with his mom is not only wrong, but it borders on "weird" This child has probably began to go thru puberty and his hormones are jumping all over the place. You really need to put your foot down, hard, on this one.
I know a few friends who allowed their boys to sleep with them right up until the kid was 15 or 16, one of the boys doesn't make a move without his mom and can't even get a girlfriend because his mom doesn't like it, he is now 22, the other is 20 and has openly admitted that he prefers men over women. I don't know if sleeping with mom at this age will hinder his sexuality later on, but my brother in law was a HUGH mama's boy and he was gay as well( he was killed in a motorcycle accident 5 years ago.) My father in law would sleep in the guest room just so his son could sleep with his mom, every single nite.

Things start to happen for a young man at this age and he has probably discovered just how his plumbing works, so you need to have a heart to heart with your fiance, then with her son. When you two do get married and this kid is sleeping in YOUR bed that will throw a wrench in your intimate times with your new wife for sure. Loose the kid fast. I am sure he has his own room with probably every electronic device on the market so he should keep to his own space, and his own bed. When my kids were growing up and once they reached a certain age, they were not even allowed to go into my bedroom, even just to grab something, they always asked if they could go in there.