I am curious about dementia brain problems for it is obvious my dad has some type of dementia condition and I wonder know if this dementia thing is brain problems related for he doesn't seem to remember simple things anymore and he also have some thinking and speaking difficulties lately. I have also noticed that occasionally his hands are shaking and it seems like he would pretty soon have also moving difficulties so do you thing all this dementia problems are actually brain problems related. Thanks!

Hello! Every dementia condition is always related to some brain problems for it actually is about damaged brain cells in fact it is about losing brain cells also. anyway according the symptoms you have described for it is not just like they are mental activities related but also you have mentioned this hand shaking so I think this could easily be a dementia condition that is called Lewy body dementia and which is actually a combination of Alzheimer's and Parkinson's disease and in any case the brain problems are the cause-and in this case it is about developing some abnormal structures called Lewy bodies in the midbrain cells and this all affects the brain activity creating brain problems that usually finally ends up with dementia diagnose.