ok heres my prob. im 35 yrs. old and for the last 6mths. every time i drink a beer or liquor. which i dont do alot say 3 or 4x a mth. at most, every so often my nose gets clogged and my left eye swells up. the first time this happened i ran 2 the er room coz i thought it was serious, it was actually both my eyes that time, the dr. said it was an allergic reaction but 2 wat he couldnt say although he did say it was strange coz i hav drank b4 w/o no problems. ive tried researching it on the internet but to no avail. anyway it does seem strange that at times i can come home from work drink a lil and absolutely no problems. then if i do it again another day i swell up and my nose gets all stuffy. is this something i should be concerned with or mayb change my beer... if anyone know wat, why, how all that good stuff i would really be gratefull, thank you : )

I posted this to your other post:

It sounds like an allergic reaction.

Your doctor should know that it is not the first time that you are exposed to a substance that you normally have the reaction. It is subsequent times, when you've developed antibodies to the allergen.

You could try different beers, it may be something in the particular brand. I'd suggest you carry an Epi-Pen though if you want to try this, just in case.

I have several friends that want to drink but can't for similar reasons.

Hope it helps.

I would say you are allergic to alcohol. I also have just seen a post from a doctor that said to get checked for liver damage. Take a benedryl or avoid drinking alcohol all together.

Do NOT take benadry with alcohol. Alcohol and ANY drug is a bad idea as the alcohol exaggerates the effects of the drug.