Hi, my 5 years old son is not sleeping regularly. Sometimes he can’t get asleep the whole night long. Last night he didn’t sleep at all. Should I worry?

Hi, it is certainly not normal for kids not to sleep at night. What are you giving to your child? Guarana is not a drink for children and it can keep them up whole night long. I guess there are also some disorders of day rhythm, that can influence cycle of sleeping and being active. Maybe, you can try to take the child out more and give him more activities so, he is too tired in the evening and just wants to go to the sleep. Some calming teas or a cup of hot milk, can also be beneficial.

While I wasn't always the best sleeper growing up, those habits caught up to me in my teen years and I believe they are partially the reason for my depression. If you do research, there are now several studies linking sleep deprivation to depression, weight gain and all kinds of other fun stuff. I would try and get your child on a proper sleep schedule asap.