My 5 years old child is not getting any sleep. He’s also diagnosed with ADHD and is very hyperactive. It’s not just like he’s not getting any sleep but I also have a problem getting him in bed. I’d like to hear how I could make him sleep normally.

I can say that after a long battle I’ve made my child fall asleep normally. He was also being diagnosed with behavioral disorder which means he is hyperactive, easy distractive, inattentive. Children with ADHD have always brains “on”, are not able to concentrate and are easily distracted by sounds. Your son has a sleeping problem that demands an urge treatment, for if sleep problem is not treated right and on time it may worsen his ADHD condition. In other words sleeping problem may be the cause of his behavioral disorder. What I did at first was to search for some medical treatment to make my child fall asleep. And it helped but I didn’t want him to go to bed every night by taking medications. So I’ve decided to try with the so called sleep hygiene, and in my case it means that my son goes to sleep at about same time every night, he fall asleep in a darkened room and I offered him a sleep routine- I bath him first than brush his teeth and telling him stories for about an hour.