Hi everyone,

I have been suffering from anxiety for quite some time now. I spoke to my family about it and they said that it will go away with time and that they are all there for me whenever I need them, and that I can talk openly with them.

However, just lately, I started having trouble while sleeping. Anxiety would wake me up in the middle of the night and it doesn't let go. I can't sleep, it's been a week already that I am having trouble sleeping well. I can't function like this, I have some problems because of my lack of sleep.

Hey Guest,

You can't really just stop these things from happening. First, you need to get used to this happening, you need to know how to behave when it happens. You need to stay calm, walk a bit through your house, sit and drink something, and only after some time had passed should you go back to your bed. Because if you try to fall asleep immediately, you won't be able to. When you make yourself some habits like this one, when you mastered being calm in these kind of situations, anxiety will eventually stop waking you up in the middle of the night.

Hello Guest,

First of all, you need to practice staying calm when this happens. When you master staying calm, then you will clearly see what caused you to wake up in the middle of the night, what caused your night anxiety. When you realize what is causing all of this, then you will know how to fight it and how to fix it. I don't know if you will be ready to fight it and to get over it, but at least you will know what needs to be done. I can only tell you to not give up, you can definitely do this.

It is hard for me to stay calm when it happens. It is driving me crazy, I cannot sleep anymore. I mean, if you say that that is what I am supposed to do in order to eventually get over it, then I will definitely try, but I honestly doubt that this thing is going to work out. Do you have any suggestions on how should I get prepared for this? Are there any steps I could take to make it easier for me to cope with this? Please give me another advice, I doubt that I can do this just like that.

I don't think that there is a special way to cope with this, Guest. Maybe you can try and consult a psychologist about this, maybe he can give you some directions, maybe he can teach you how to properly do this, but I think that he can't tell you more than what we just told you. You just need to try it, you won't be good at it, at least not immediately, but as the time goes by, if you try hard, you will get there, trust me. Everything is possible if you try hard enough, you will see your progress soon enough.

Hey Guest. And rest of you. Let me tell you something, because I have problems with this for more than 15 years. I am sad because I need to tell you this, but it looks like to me that there is no actual way to prevent this whole situation. I have tried to do everything, I even started to do some yoga and meditation, but nothing. So, you can't stop this, but you should try to be less stressed about this whole situation. It took me almost three years to learn about this, but I did. So, you really should be calm when you are up all night. You should not panic, thinking what is going on, what you should do. Instead of this, drink a cup of tea and find some relaxing book. It won't change your condition, but it is going to help you deal with it.

Hey guys. Long time no see. I am sorry about this, but I had really bad times with my depression and anxiety and I was not able to handle my problems. I hope that you understand me.

Anyway, like others already told you, there is not much what you can do about this. No one can cope with it Guest, and I do understand that this is driving you crazy.

I had problems with it, I was thinking that I am going to die because when this was happening to me, I had a baby and I needed to go to work in the morning. You need to control it with everything possible. 

Hey guys. My anxiety was waking me up all night, for seven months straight. There are several ways that can help you, but you can't cure it - if that is what you think. Here is what you can do. If you are in bed and can't stop thinking, after 15-20 minutes, get out of bed, finish the thinking out of bed, then go back to bed. It seems silly, but it is helpful, trust me. Also, you should totally avoid technology and other blue light sources for 30 minutes before bed. If you do that, your brain is going to rest and you might will be able to sleep. Even if this is hard for you, try not to nap during the daytime. Those are all things that can help you and you should try them.

Yeah, I agree with you! I had this habit to look television before I went to bed because I was sure that television, my mobile phone and even my laptop will help me to sleep much better and that because of those gadgets I will be able to sleep which is definitely not true. So, once you forget about movies, series or even sports on the television before you go to bed, you will be much easier to take this situation.

So, trust me, been there, seen this! I am telling you this because I was coping with this as well. I still do.