Hello! My son has been having difficulties with his sleep since he was born. He didn’t sleep enough although he was very healthy baby. He used to wake up crying many times during the night even when he was older. It was especially difficult to make him sleep and I used to spend more then two hours trying to make him sleep. He is now almost three years old and he still resists going to sleep. My sister says he had sleeping disorder. What causes his sleeping disorder?

Hello! Well, I can’t say your son suffers from sleep disorder. He has minor sleep problems that are some of the most common problems parents face with their kids. He just has to be taught good sleep habits. You can try keeping a sleep diary for a period of time which may help you find some patterns. Once the patterns are seen, you may be able to find a solution. Also, put your child to bed at a reasonable time after a reasonable bedtime routine. You have to have clear rules; he has to stay in bed, don’t bring him anything to eat, etc…It is also possible that he doesn’t need so much sleep. If he stays awake late I assume he sleeps late in the morning. In that case you should wake him up half hour earlier every morning until he falls asleep at the time you want at night.