I am 17 and I have noticed that my breasts are sore lately. There have been cases of breast cancer in my family so I am afraid that I will get it too. What do you think is wrong with me?

You are still young to be thinking that you might have breast cancer. I know you are worried so the first thing you need to do is to go to your doctor to rule out the possibility of breast cancer. I can not tell you what is wrong with you without examining you first. There are a lot of things that can cause sore breasts. One of the most common times that breasts feel sore is when they are beginning to develop. First you might notice a small button-like lump beneath the nipple area and the medical name for this is the breast bud, present in guys and girls. The breast bud may be a little tender and may cause you to worry but it's a normal part of puberty so you just need to relax and stop to worry. It is also common to have sore breasts around the beginning of a period and I am sure that you know this. Breasts can swell just as fingers and feet. This happens because the fluid forces the breast tissues to expand, which stretches the nerves and makes breasts feel achy or tender. I hope that you are satisfied with my answer. For any additional information you can always contact your doctor.

I took Plan B and got what I thought was my period a couple days later (about a week earlier than usual). However, after my period had finished, I started getting minor stomach pain in my lower abdominal area, and sometimes in my upper stomach (inbetween my rib cages.) The pain is sometimes constant, but never anything severe, and sometimes the pain is gone entirely, but returns a couple hours later. Sometimes my breasts are sore and sometimes not. Could it be PMS and another period coming again? My last period ended around the 15th or 16th and today is the 29th. I took two pregnancy tests and both came up negative. Anything would help. Thanks!