The week before my period my breasts are always pretty tender, but this month they became sore so much earlier than normal (2 weeks) before my period. They are incredibly swollen and sore-much more than usual. I would be really worried I am pregant except for I am on the pill and take it everyday regularly. Should I be worried I am pregnant still? I feel like that would be terribly odds! I have not been on any sort of other medicines that might make the pill inactive-I just am starting to worry that I might be in the small 1% that gets pregnant on the pill!!! Has anyone else had this before??? I am supposed to get my period this week so I feel like it might be too early to take a test yet. Any advice would be great! Thanks~

Honestly, very tender and sore breasts were always the very first sign I had with the pregnancies of all 4 of my kids.

***BUT, I was not on the pill or using birth control at those times. You are on the pill.***

If you have taken your pill every day, you should be covered as far as not having to worry about pregnancy. Your breasts could be tender midway through your cycle because that's when you ovulate, mine used to do that sometimes, too. Sometimes I would get some cramping also, and I had a large ovarian cyst that used to *throb* during ovulation.

I am no doctor, but I am a 30something Mom of 4 children, and hopefully my experiences over the years can help others.

Best Wishes, and I hope this helps!!

i have the same problem! i am 14 years old, i exercise daily, and i weigh 118 pounds. When i feel my breast it feels normal, but when i squeese it i feel something hard. sometimes it takes up my whole breast (i am a 38 a, so its not that big) and sometimes it is small and to the side. its in my other one to, but not as big. they get very sore sometimes, but never painful. they arent red or anything. i told my mom and she said that its because of my period, and it will go away when they start. (they havent started yet) but its been two months and nothing has changed. i told her that and she said its because of swimteam and my period will start when i take a break. i have been out of swimteam for almost two weeks and STILL no difference. should i insist on going to the doctor? i know its probly not cancer becasue i am young and active, but it still might be dangerous and i am scared. some one please help!

im in the same boat as you are. i posted on this sight about this. i am wondering if i could still be pregnant and have a period. the beginning of last month my boobs started hurting along with other pregnancy symptoms, but i started a day early. which was weird. i was light the first day then for the next 4 days it was sooo heavy. my boobs are hurting worse then normal. like you i still feel like im pregnant. but like you also im on the pill. ive missed some though last month and just recently. but ive caught up on them. but now its april and they are still hurting. they never hurt this bad on the pill before. im suppose to get my period next week. i took a test a couple of days before my period last month and all came back negative. so i forgot about it. its just they wont stop hurting. but i dont drink that much soda or eat hardly any chocolate. so what else could it be. i dont know either. if you start or find out something. let me. know. if you read this i know you posted this last month. hope you still read your post. lol.

This is for spacegirl94 - Girls can get signs of an oncoming period for up to a year before they actually do. You have probably experienced moodiness - ask your mom ;-D LOL. Irratability, back pain etc. At certain times of the month. When we are born, our ovaries are filled with eggs to last us till menopause, so when your body starts changing, the ovaries start realeasing an egg each month. It is true what your mom says about the swimming and other extreme exercise - such as runners, gymnasts etc - of not getting their period. What I want to know is this, does the lump feel like a pea and is in the same spot? Or is it just hard from being swollen? If it's the 1st definitely go to the Dr.! If it's the latter, it is just you becoming a woman! As long as you are not sexually active right now, you don't really need to panic. And YES you can get pregnant if you are having unprotected sex, but don't have your period yet!!!! All a womans body needs is one part of an ovary and sperm. That is why some women - shortly after having a partial hysterectomy can still get pregnant!!! So be careful, and for the pain and swelling - as I've put on other posts, use ibuprofen and boiled whole cabbage leaves that are very warm to the touch and put them on your breasts and underarm. If you live in Britain, your mom will have heard of this oldwives tale, but believe me it's a saviour!!! Good luck honey and welcome to womanhood - isn't it great!!? :-D

I got pregnant on the pill and he used a condom. I guess it was planned for me. :D (this was 18 years ago) lol

did happen to me.... I got pregnant while on the pill and he used a condom. I guess it was planned for me. And no, I never missed a day nor were they old pills :D (this was 18 years ago) lol

this hit my problem except that i dont take the pill but got my tubes tied 7 years ago, now having same problems as you...

I am the same. I had my tubes tied and my breasts have been really sore for over a week. Did you get any answers?

i am 52 haven't had a period in over two years but my breast have been sore ove s week and swallowing and I'm also blotting
What's going on

Did you get pregnant?

I was on the pill for over 6 months and I still got pregnant on it I am in the same situation as I am possibly pregnant as I have missed my period I would take a test because the pill isn’t a reliable source