I just had an upper GI endoscopy and the doctors impression were "hiatus hernia, Esophageal mucosal changes for long-segment Barrett's esophagus. Esophageal ulcers, gastric mucosal abnormality cartacterized by erythema.

What type of treatment should I expect?

Hi crabs1 have you talked to your doctors about your course of treatment yet? I am a little disturbed that your doctors didn't discuss what their course of treatment was planned for you but perhaps they're not sure of what they're going to do yet. Can you please keep us posted on whatever your doctor said? Thank you!

Hi there,
Barrett's esophagus is a disorder in which the lining of the esophagus is damaged. I know that this condition doesn’t cause any symptoms, but you can only feel constant heartburn caused by the acid reflux. I think that you can expect the surgery in order to treat this condition. If there are any cells that show carcinoma, than you have to have a surgery. Also there are other therapies that can help you to get rid of this condition. There is a photodynamic therapy where laser is used to treat this condition. Surgery can remove the abnormal lining if there is any. I hope this helped you in any way.

Best wishes,
Marco