I noticed it....weeks ago, just a small kinda hard spot on the top side of my penis, not on the head, on the shaft between the base & head. Having looked at it recently, there is a very obvious black...head or something poking out of it, not from the center, it almost looks like a tiny splinter sticking out or something, but no freaky fetishes here, no idea how that could have happened lol. It feels like a scab, though it isn't shaped like a normal one and doesn't come off. The spot itself is not that big, not even the size of a pencil eraser, I don't believe it itches, and it doesn't hurt. I've tried to pop it and such, but no luck.

My reading suggests it may just be a normal lump that appears from time to time on men's genitals, but I wonder if it should have gone away by now, I believe it's been two or three months. No new bumps have shown though, so I'm 99% sure it isn't an STD, that, and I've only had sex with 2 women, one of which I am positive is clean, the other which I'm almost positive was clean.

No other side effects that I can attribute to it, just a bump with an odd black head or something.

Thanks for any help/advice you all can provide.

~Update

I looked at it again, and the black spot and the rest of the lump all lined up, as I said, like a splinter. I was just now able to remove it, pulling it out like a splinter, by the tip. It was oval shapped, looked like dead/hard skin, with a black tip. If I had to give an example of what it looked like, I suppose a grain of rice would be most accurate, with a black tip on one end of it.

The spot is still there, though it has no real mass to it now, it's not hard anymore, it does look like whatever that was it got lodged in there much as a splinter would, but the spot never looked infected or had any redness.

Anyone able to shed some light on this? Really confused, hoping it's not serious, though feeling much better about it now lol.

You are describing exactly what I am experiencing right now. I have no clue what this is or how to research it. Do you have any other insights?

You two are the FIRST people I have ever seen that describe EXACTLY what I have. I had my primary care check it out and they said it was a "normal variation" I was really nervous that it was warts. They gave me Aldara to because I was so skeptical. I tried Aldara for several weeks and to no avail.

But yeah, it looks JUST like a grain of rice. I can pop it and a waxy-like string will come out almost like a blackhead. Sometimes there is even a black spot or splinter like you described. However, they just keep coming back.

Just as you described, I only had one to start with. It took like 3 years for a few more to show up. They look nothing like a wart and are easily popped. I don't like to pop them for fear that it will spread whatever it is.

Reply back to this if you have had similar situation(s). Thanks!

Hello everyone I am writing this post to you in order to share my friend's experience, who also had spot on penis. He was sexually active in that period with different partners and he did not use a condom every time so he was scared that he got some sexually transmitted disease, and he first tested his blood and after that he visit a dermatologist, who said that it can be some infection or irritation, and she recommended some creme and problem was resolved. I think, if you use  condom and if your partner is safe, you should not be worried.

Weird,I cant find any answers on what exactly this is....Ive had the same very tiny black thing,it looks like a crumb of dirt,black tip and white on the bottom part of it which is embedded into my skin near my shaft.Ive had it since I was a lil kid so I know its not an STD or anything,I use to take it out with tweezers but it always comes back..you can hardly even see it,but you can tell that something is under the skin there.

My son has this. I just pulled it out of his penis with tweezers cause he kept saying it hurt. Once I got it out, he jumped up and said he felt better. I was worried, so I looked it up and your blogs on here are the only think I can find on it. Any of you figure out what it is yet?

My son has this too...he's 7 and that is the second "splinter" we have pulled out with tweezers in the last 6 months. What's the deal? My wife and I were baffled the first time how he could get a splinter there, but a second time? Obviously not a splinter and I can't find anything else about it anywhere.

I have it as well. Lump, sticking out about 7 mm away from the shaft. Has a black head to it. I have tried squeezing it, and occasionally puss comes out, but nothing else. I've had it for the past two or three days, it's doubled in size, and i'm quite worried. Any advice is appreciated.

Wow. im glad i found this. even though none of us know what to do about it. Now I know im not alone.

Ive had the exact same thing since i was 17 or 18 and Im 27 now. Im used to it being there. but get self conscious when ever i get intimate with a new girl.

I would just like to be rid of it. I will pick it out time after time then give up and then try months later with no luck.

Wow very strange, I always thought it was just a blackhead, I have had these as well, two to be specific. After popping them they are now just very small bumps, however im sure the black thing will come back. So noone's doctor has said what this or anything yet?

I get this sometimes too. I've been trying forever to find more information about it until this post. In fact I got them on the head a couple times too. :-(

But here is a trick I use to remove it which I discovered a while ago. Baking soda. Just make a paste out of it and dab it on the area where the "splinter" is and literally overnight it can fall out. Or it might take a couple days? I've only tried it on myself obviously. No need to keep pulling it out. It heals faster and tends to not come back as often I find.

This sounds like a form of acne formed within an ingrown hair folicle. Hair folicles can occur all over the penis..in areas you never though possible. The white area is like a waxy buildup that gets condensed into an almost solid and is being contained within the folicle- sort of like a missle silo. The dark area is simply the area exposed to dirt etc. So, I doubt this is an STD. The best way to keep this from occuring over and over is to keep monitoring it and getting rid of the build-up. Eventually the folice will close.

If I had to bet you likely have them on the back of your arms as well...feel around...notice any slight raised areas? You may be able to squeeze these out too. They can be quite long and quite fat.

i have the same thing as all of you have described. even as a young boy i have had this "splinter-like" bump on my shaft that seems to have to access points... almost like a tunnel if that doesnt gross everyone out. but it is very small - like the size of a black head, and i have pulled it out with tweezers before and it is just like a pimple >> white p***y $h!t but im not sure what it could be... ive never had sex before so im not sure what this could possibly be but its comforting to know that im not alone. has anyone talked to a doctor yet??

I can't believe I found somebody that describes EXACTLY what I have. I had one start on the side of my penis towards the tip. Then over the course of about 4 yrs, about 4 more have showed up. My primary care said THE EXACT same thing "A NORMAL VARIATION" I also tried Aldara bc i was so skeptical and for me NO AVAIL either. I can pop them and a waxy like core comes out. I know that sebum does turn black when exposed to oxygen so maybe it is an inflamed sebatious gland or something? But ya, they look JUST LIKE A GRAIN OF RICE! And when I pop them, it is usually squeezed out of the lateral aspects of it never the top.

This has literally been driving me crazy for 4 yrs though because nobody knows what it is and nobody knows what caused it. I am relieved to find that i am not the only one. Please repost ANYTHING if anybody finds out a cure or something.

i have the same thing. cant find nothing on it except here. my gf says to go get is checked. kinda hard no insurance. so if anyone know anything please post back. id really like to know. ive had it for about 5 years now. wont go away. i never really played with it till tonite. only hurts when i play with it or try to squeeze it out. i need an answer on this asap. im worried as hell. even scared. it hasnt interfered with any functions of my penis though. weird?