For the past few years, I've had the equivalent of what looks/feels like a blackhead on a nose - only white or a cloudy clearish color - on my breasts. The other day, I squeezed one and when it came out, it was three small strands of a hair-like texture just over an 1/8" long connected at the end ...I've never seen that before. Today, I found another one.

I'm not too terribly worried (mostly curious) about it as there is no pain whilst squeezing these things out. Again, I haven't ever noticed these before and the blackhead-like things mentioned above aren't too prevalent ...I tend to notice about ten between both breasts every few weeks or months. I do remember researching the blackhead-like things when I first noticed them a few years ago and the closest description I came upon was "straw-like hairs" and something to do with pregnancy. There are just two problems to that.... these are soft and are able to be bent with my fingernail and I'm not sexually active ...have not been for a while and have faithfully had my period month after month for years.

I am twenty-two years of age now and it's been approximately eight months since I've had my last vaginal exam (healthy results) and about three years since my last breast exam by a professional. At that time, my doctor did mention that my breasts felt (forgive me, for I have forgot the proper term) like they had a lot of cottage cheese in them! She chalked it up to "every women is different..." Everything came up fine in the end.

I'm scheduling another exam for a few months down the road. Until then, anyone have any ideas and/or suggestions?

Thanks a bunch! :-)

sounds like ingrown hairs... nothing to worry about

I know what you are talking about..I have had them for years and have no clue to what they are. Dr. never seems to know either. So if u find out please let me know. sometimes It seems one will get infected and turn almost into a boil. It is really ugly and gross. Im kinda scared to find out what it is. Sometimes i will find one under my arm pit. It can be very pain full at times.

Hi, I have the same hair like pimples which mostly appears under my breasts. They are in grown hairs and when tweezed out, 3-4 strands appears, usually with puss as well. I have a alopecia, a small ball spot on my head, thank god im african and blessed with a jungle of hair so its hard to notice :-) The cause of these hairy pimples, as I was told is that the body attacks its own hair follicles which produces the puss as well as the excess of hair strands in one single hair "pore". I had an extremely low level of vitamin B12, after having injections twice a week for a few weeks, it has improved quite alot. No new pimples had appeared. However, I will be seeing a skin specialist and hoping for better results!

I've had this same problem for years as well. I noticed them in my mid teens. I'm in my thirties now & I still have them! They look like black heads deep under my skin in the area under my breasts. When I rub over them they feel hard. Every few years or so one may come close enough to the surface where I can squeeze it out. I'll use tweezers to pull out several small strands of fine hair, along with a bunch of a waxy hard puss or build up out of one pore. For me it is never easy to remove it because of how deep in my skin they are. I don't know how I get them or how I can prevent them. I take good care of my skin. One theory I had was maybe its caused by wearing a bra since its right under my boobs. Maybe an underwire can cause it. Its just a theory. I've been wanting to go to a dermatologist to see if I can permanently get rid of these. If anyone knows any info on this nuisance please post. 

The most I've gotten out of one was 15 hairs, no joke! Plus, when I squeeze one out, it's not watery like puss. It's almost orangish, and waxy. It looks grey under my skin, though. Weird.

Have had them for several years I'm 29. Idk what they are. Butt they are aggravating.

I have to same thing. I wish i knew what they are i have like a million of them. als the lumpiness of your breast is called fibrocystic breast disease( not too seriouse so dontfreak out lol

They are blackheads/pimples/sebum blocking your pores. Scrub and treat with a dime size amount of acne cream. 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

You get them from your bra rubbing against your breasts and a combination of sweat.

I have them too, my doctor asked me to get thyroid tests done, turned out I had hypothyroidism. I used to have them as boils earlier but after the treatment, they're mostly like black and white hair follicles without the hair. Hope this helps.

I have this exact problem. My thought is that when breast tissue develops a cellulite like texture to it, the hair follicles start doing this weird stuff. Pregnancy could cause it, as could age, as could weight (as in my case). I don't know anything else about this type of acne....but would be interested to find out.

Thanks Ladies!! Ive been searching for hours for some kind of validation...i have this...they suddenly just appeared and they are fine blonde hairs and each has at least 3 baby strands...im like...come on...what else!?!? I am a picker too and let me tell you...i can stop...my husband was shocked....bc i tries extracting them, squeezing, tweezing...but they never go away...i think keeping my boobs exfoliated may help...bc the little hairs get stuck...when i try to squeeze them...nothing ever happens except for me looking like my boobies got in a fight with each other BUT i also have ALOPECIA!! so thank u for that bit of info...im gonna call ny rheumatologist now....it is autoimmune and i forgot to mention this to him tuesday during my appointment. U know my alopecia has gotten worse so it makes sense...let me know how u gals r doing...i would love to know!! I didnt ck the date on this post so i hope u all get this!!

I do believe u ate correct...and yes from the sweat...its the sebum....i just had to explain to my male doctor over the phone what it was like and he kept telling me it was an ingrown hair and i said no its not.....bc honestly even those it fits the description its not ur typical clogged pour or black head...they are deep yet they are rough on top which is the part i just cant handle ...and anyways i felt weird enough...then talking about ingrown hairs all over my boobs just felt....well...just dirty...it was just wrong lol...but he referred me to the dermatologist...wish i just would have gone on my own...i used to work at one...but never ever encountered booby bb pelletts...i want them gone...i know they will send me home with a body wash...glytone which has glycolic acid...i bet exfoliation is the only option in this case....that way the hairs or sebum can actually release itself instead of being buried in there...watever...im taking bets!!!

I swear to god exfoliate with a dry washcloth. Apply a heavy duty tape and pull like a wax strip ! ALL OF MINE CAME OUT!!!