I have a small area on my left middle back that feels like there is something in it. This feeling has been coming & going over the last 2-3 months. It is also at times itchy. There is nothing visible apart from a tiny black mark. Has anyone any idea what this could be?

If there is a black mark and it's itching, it could potentially be a changing mole and needs to be seen by a dermatologist immediately. 

Other things it could be is a small cyst or notalgia paresthetica.  The keratin plug at the surface of the cyst (blackhead) is a tiny black mark and it is itchy occasionally.  Notalgia paresthetica is actually a misfiring of a small skin nerve, giving an itchy or burning sensation without much findings on the skin.  Interestingly, the most common site for this is in women right under their left shoulder blade.  It's not know why.

I strongly recommend that you see a board-certified dermatologist to determine what the little black mark is.  If it is a changing mole, it needs to be removed and tested as soon as possible.

Disclaimer: Advanced Skin Wisdom provides the content on this website solely for informational and educational purposes. Information provided on this website should not be considered medical advice and is not a substitute for consultation with a qualified medical professional. Communications to or from the Advanced Skin Wisdom and any person will not be considered to establish a patient/doctor relationship.

My daughter has a little black spot just left of her spinal column. I was rubbing her back to night and barely touched the black spot, and she said that it hurt. It was a sharp pain. I thought it was a blackhead, so I squeezed it, but nothing came out. After she went to bed a few minutes later, she got out of bed asking for pain medication because her back hurt worse.