I have a recurring blackhead on the back of my left thigh. This gas been there approx for 4 years. About once a month it gets so big its uncomfortable and I pop it out, this happens repeatedly. It's around the size of a tick, or small pellet. Nothing else comes out besides this huge blackhead (maybe some blood) but its very dry. I also have another type of pimple on the same thigh a little to the left and a very thick white substance comes out of this, I can only describe as string cheese looking. This has not been there that ling however. Both of these things are not up high near my butt, nor near my put, they r in the middle of the back of my thigh. I've heard that a hair could be wrapped up under my skin and causing this to happen? And just a note I am not overweight at all. Has anyone ever heard of that? Or any other thoughts? PLEASE HELP.

Hello Mel,

there is some truth to what you've heard - hair follicles are responsible for both producing the hairs, obviously  - but they are also responsible for producing the oily substance our skin needs to protect itself. The thing is, this follicle can either produce hair or the fats that are naturally present at the top layer of our skin. The blackhead you have might indicate just that your skin is going through changes (depending on how long you had it), but it could also be that there is an ingrown hair that's being trapped by the fatty substance this follicle produces. If you can, have a dermatologist take a look at it - maybe the professional could help you out with the ingrown hair,

Nicole

Yes, because of the new bump with the thick white substance I am going to see a dermatologist because I know there is something wrong now. Thanks you for all your information, the blackhead has been there for about 4 years, a long time. Hopefully when I finally get to a doctor I can have some better input and knowledge for other's as well.
Thanx Again Nicole!!

Hello Nicole! Did you hear back from your doctor? I have the exact same problem on the back of my leg. One large blackhead and another oozing bump that has become very sore. What did the doctors say and how did they treat it? Thanks!