Hello all,

This month (March) I was two days late on my period, but it finally came on the third day of being late.

Its only lasted 3 days and was brown then red. it has stopped now and I took a few pregnancy tests and they came out positive. I also took an ovulation test from a freinds advice and that came out as positive too. I am slightly confused, has anyone got any advice? all replies welcome!

I think you need to see a gynecologist because the situation sounds incredible since you can’t be both pregnant and ovulating.

Once you get pregnant, there is a high level of progesterone hormone, which is present to maintain pregnancy and it prevents further ovulations.

The levels of progesterone are also high around ovulation but as far as I know, ovulating kits are measuring the presence of another hormone called Luteinizing hormone, which facilitates ovulation and causes the egg to separate from the ovarian surface.

Something went wrong somewhere during calculations, so I would check everything with a doctor who will determine if you are pregnant or not and if everything was in order.

Let us know what it turned out to be!

IN case there are other women in my predicament and just crusing through what other have posted, please know that OPK look for a signal that is similar in composition to HGC and that is why if your are pregnant it will pick it up with a postive. It is NOT 100% however it does work. HPT's are very specific to HGC and will not detect ovualtion.

I thought I was ovulating during pregnancy also however I realized that I was reading the ovulation predictor wrong. The line for ovulation kits apparently has to be either just as dark or darker than the control line whereas pregnany test iines can be fainter than the control.

Ovulation tests will read positive if you are pregnant.