I cut myself 2 weeks ago and wound is quite deep. I didn’t go to the doctor, because I feel I could manage this wound at home… and I did at the beginning. But now I have this redness and swelling around my cut and I feel pain. This pain is somehow different then the one that I felt few days after I cut myself. I suspect this is a staph infection. Is anyone familiar with treatment for staph infection?

Hey,
Maybe you really have a staph infection, although you haven’t developed all symptoms (such as swollen lymph nodes in the neck or armpits, ear ache, persisting pneumonia, eve boils …) Treatment for staph infection means you have to visit a doctor. And doctors are well equipped to deal with most common forms of staph infection. With the proper care and treatment on time, staph infection can be easily cured… it usually takes 10 days to 2 weeks to be cured with the help or antibiotics, analgetics and creams and of course bed rest…
If you think you have staph infection, my suggestion for you, is to visit doctor as soon as possible.

Staph is present and can spread through the air, on untidy, contaminated surfaces, and from person, no matter infected or carrier, to person. A person can carry staph bacteria on her hands or fingernails and infect from hands other parts of the body. So, hand washing would be recommended to prevent staph infections. Regular keeping of hygine of kitchen and bathroom surfaces or other places where bacteria have good conditions for occuring is very important. Keeping child's skin clean by everyday bath or shower is essential. Any skin injuries - such as cuts, scrapes, and rashes caused by allergic reactions should get additional attention to avoid infection occurrance.