Hi, I am very concerned about my baby boy. He is only 20 months old and he has some boil on his bottom. A doctor told me that it’s caused by staph infection, and that it will be gone soon with appropriate medical care. Is there really nothing to worry about, and can staph infections by infant lead to something more serious?

Hello, if a doctor examined your baby and said that it has a staph infection that will pass soon, you have nothing to worry about. I was diagnosed with staph infection a few years ago, and I tried to treat it with methicillin, but it had no effect. A staph bacteria simply didn’t respond to this treatment. I did some tests, and it turned out that I have a kind of staph infection, that is resistant to methicillin. This kind is called MRSA, and it is more dangerous than a regular staph. I think this infection is not much different with infants. If you’re worried about your baby, you should know that it is common for this infection to cause pimples and boils on body, often red and swollen. Just give your infant prescribed medicines, and everything will be all right.

hello, i am taking care of my niece and she has open boil and was diagnosed a staph infection. Therefore, she is contagious. I have two children at home. And she told me we need to put medicine in our nose and we will be okay. I do not feel comfortable of the issues and feel she need to stay home with her mom. What should I do?

My name is Jessica. I have a 25 month old daughter. Over the past 7-9 months she has had a series of staph infections ranging from her mid stomach down to her knees as well as he butt. The dr's have done blood test and have come up with nothing! I am clueless as to where these things are coming from. Just a few days ago she was treated in the hospital emergency room. They hand lanced the infection and packed it. They sent her home on 2 antibiotics and were sending in some cultures to the lab. Well to make a long story short from a few dr's visits we got the answer that yet again she had another staph infection! Just a plain old staph! My mind is boggled. There isn't much information on this out there and I was wondering if anyone has gone through anything like this and if you can help me get some type of answers/possibilities as to why this is going on. The dr is talking about sending her to an imunologist to get checked out by them, but it may take another couple of months to get her in there. Between now and then she can have another 2-4 infections! I am losing sleep over this. Please someone help me find some answers!

This may not be much help but I believe it is VERY common that once a person gets this new Mega staph that has grown out of control over the past few years, they will continue to get them. I had my first 6 years ago from a simple bug bite and I have gotton them continually ever since. Also most of my family members have begain to get them and the ones that have also get them continually. My 2 month old daughter also got one on her face and spent 5 days in childrens hospital. The only thing that I have found that works is obsessive hand washing. I also bath with the orange dial antibacterial soap. Not the body wash but the type you use on your hands and that seems to help. The problem with kids is they are always getting cuts and bug bites. I would suggest having her shower every evening, especially after playing outside with the dial soap. Also my daughters pediatrician said he recently attended a confrence on the MRSA and they said that neosporan and other over the counter antibiotic ointments can actually increase the risk of getting MRSA. I don't know why but I know that when my daughters blew up and her whole face swelled it was wthin 4 hours of applying neosporan. Just FYI i have used the nose ointment after she got out of the hospital and it's been 3 months and I have the worse one I've had in a couple years. The big thing too is to make sure you wash all her bed cloths ect after she has had one and do not reuse or share things like towels. That is how it is spread to others or recontracted. I hope this helps a little.

I have a 10 month old girl who has Staph infection. I have had staph since i was 15 im now 31 and it has been a very LONG battle for me an i hate to see my baby go through what i have been through for so long. What should i do to find out if hers is the same type i have? the Dr. i took her to didnt give hers a name he just called it a staph infection.
= mine is MRSA

ghezzi wrote:

Quote:

my mother has MRSA and has had it for seven years now,dont know where it came from .but,it started on the tip of her nose it ate her part of her nose, in ended up in her sinus cavities,she has to have surgery about every 6 to 8 months! about 1 and a half years ago she had sinus surgery and 2 days later she had a hemmorage in her brain due to all the packing in her sinuses.. { from what we expect} The doctors can not explain why 2 days after the surgery ahe had this hemmorage! this is all unexplained.. thank god she survied this and is still with us! but every day she deals with this MRSA ,she has alot of problems getting mucus out of her nose,it is to the point where he has to have debrements.. (kaycie rodriguez)