Hi, I was diagnosed with staph infection of throat for 5 days. I got Amoxicillin for the therapy. How serious can these bacteria be? And what are possible complications caused by staph aureus?

Staphylococcus aureus is group of bacteria, whose shorter form of the name is Staph. It is pathogen by humans and can cause multiple diseases. Staph bacteria can cause illness directly by infection (skin infections, throat, nose infections) or by producing toxins which could lead to food poisoning and toxic shock syndrome, as a final stage. Your infection is localized, but it can theoretically speaking, spread to the blood stream causing bacteriemia, infection of blood. This is seen only in persons with abnormally suppressed immune systems. Toxic shock syndrome is the worst possible complication and it is life threatening.

hey im not sure if i got this cause i have no idea how wat i got is spelt but its contains major coughing and throat pain well this was only when i got it but after that it cooled down alot and didnt bug me i didnt get the anti-biotics i was supposed to get i kno its air bourn. im going into my 2nd year with this ive had it since december 26 2007 its apparently sounds like how this thing is spelt but once a again i have no cue