i am currently a stay at home mom with my 5 month old son Levi. i have always worked since i was 16. i quit working about 4 months before my son was born and now i am confused about going back to work. it seems like i get bored at home but i dont want to leave my son either. What do i do?

See if you can find a part-time job, maybe something you could do from your home. If you have someone to look after your child, 4h may not be that long to leave him with someone else.

My son is 3 months old and my wife is breastfeeding him, so she can't leave the home. She is also bored sometimes but I actually believe she is enjoying being off work and committing herself to our child.

Anyway, I hope you find something useful. And if you don't you can always join us here at SteadyHealth and become a supporter and help people find their answers :-D

My son is now nearly 5 but when he reched 2 years old i had got to the point that i was bored to death of being stook at home and never having "adult conversation" as much as i loved my son. But at the smae time i was very wary about going back to work and leaving him for so long. My solution was to go back to college. I enrolled on a mature access course at my local college and i enrolled my son in their nursery which was on site. I would go to my classes for 1-2 hours then go downstairs to pick my son up and take him to lunch before going back for a 1 hour lecture in the afternoon and then taking him home again. The staff were really supportive and often let me drop back in for 10 minutes to satisfy myself that he was ok. In time i got used to leaving him for longer and longer periods and my son is now in childcare (morning and after school clubs) around school hours on a Monday and Tuesday from 8am till 6pm while i am in university lectures. I have tried to cut down this time as much as possible only to have my son shouting at me for picking him up early and spoiling his games!

When i started college i also met a woman on the same course as me who was a similar age, also a single aprent, with a child the same age as Liam. We are now amazingly good friends and so are our children. Our kids love to play together and often have sleepovers at each others house. Myself and my friend have supported each other through so much and carry on doing so. There is barely a day goes by where we are not in contact, we have been on holiday together and i am now god mother to her new 3 week old son. Going back to college opened up a whole new life for me and certainly stopped me from getting bored, but it still offered me the flexibility and freedom to take care of my son the way i wanted to and spend time with him as he grew up. I would definately recommend it to anyone.