My 16 month old son turns out to have a lactose intolerance, as a result of which we have switched from cow's milk to rice milk. We are really happy with it, except for the fact that a carton of rice milk (Rice Dream) is TWICE as expensive as a carton of fresh cow's milk. It crossed my mind that I might be able to make rice milk at home. Can I? How?

Making your own rice milk is the easiest thing in the world, and after you have done it once, you will never want to go back to buying expensive, processed rice milk in the store. Just cook plain white rice for about twenty minutes. Take four cups of water for every cup of rice, and add maple syrup to taste. Put in blender or food processor, and leave to cool. That's it! You have to drink a batch in about four days before it goes off.

Thank you for the recipe malanie2044. I am cooking it now. I knew that I was lactose intolerant as well as gluten intolerant however it has taken me two years to discover that I am whey allergic. My life is changing dramatically since I took milk out of my diet.. I had delayed reaction allergy symptoms . Two days off milk and I have had dramatic changes.