So I've been reading other peoples experiences with the above procedure. I was wondering if anyone whose had this done had a 1 yr old....the reason I ask is because I was looking for advice for me during the recovery. I know I'll be down and out for a while but my baby and I spend alot of time giving hugs and kisses to each other throughout the day. After this surgery how is it going to effect my baby to not be able to come close to mommy's face?
:-(

Has your doctor specifically said that your child won't be able to come close to your face - and for how long? Because from what I know, recovery after septoplasty should not be so severe, neither there should be any long lasting consequences on the relationship between you two, even it will be hard not to be able to cuddle with your child... but, you w2il have to be extra careful for the first two-three days, when it comes to your face. There are still a lots of ways for you two to be close and you to be safe from worsening the healing.