Hi, I have I twenty two years old son. When he was nineteen, he decided to live on his own. We, his parents, begged him not to take that step. It was useless. However, after a month or so, we got used to it. Now, there is something else going on. Our son returned some time ago, stayed for a month and left again. These "procedure" has been going on since. Can you tell me why does my son keep leaving and coming back?

Hi, I think that your son is going through the same faze like I did. In those ages, like your son's, boys do not want to be depended on their parents. They also want to experience life without them. As a result, sons move out of the house. When I first did it, it was amazing. However, I could not find a job that was paid enough and because of that I was unable to pay the rent. That is why I returned for the first time. As your son I left and got back again. My parents talked to me. For the first time I was able to really talk to them. After the conversation we agreed that I should stay home and that they will not check on me. We also went to a council where all related problems were "cured". You should talk to your son why is he leaving all the time. Ask him what does make him come back again. Try to find a solution to this problem like me and my parents did. Also, it would not be so bad for you to visit a professional therapist and work out your problems there. It helped with my family.

He is probably trying to stretch his wings and learn to survive on his own. He still needs you as parents and to know that you are there if things fall apart on him, but at the same time he needs his freedom to be the young man he is. It is important that you try to talk to him, without attacking him for his actions, and ask how you and his father can help him find some stability.