Just had a bone scan and chest x-ray. I see my doctor on Thursday. Curious what is going on in my sternum. Thanks for responding. Probably is arthritis. Every day is different. My neck shoulders back and arms are fine. Planning to google the Doctor you suggested. thanks Hope to hear from you again.

Kind of awful, but not really. I whole heartedly recommend going to the doctor when you know something is wrong, listen to what he says, then give yourself a period to determine by what ever means necessary, if he knows what he's talking about. We've become way too good at accepting everything the doctor says!

I had open heart surgery this past January for valves replacement and tricuspid surgery at the MAYO clinic in Phoenix
and have complained about movement and popping even when talking, breathing but thought maybe this was normal
I live in Fairbanks Alaska and just found out from a cat scan that my sternum has not healed, separated and has a gap the size of a mans index finger. This is no way to live the Dr. here says I should not pick up anything more than 10lbs.I have to figure what to do and would like any ans. I can get. I hope you can decide what to do also. I just want better quality of life. thanks doys

I am currently having the same issue. on the right side of my incision. It seems to be getting worse whether it's from breathing or movement. Once it sticks it is like a shiver through my whole body. My question would be can this wire cause infection.

yes I had a triple bypass 3 years ago and I still at times feel nerve pain in my chest mostly when I go to bed and try to turn over from one side to another and then at times for no apparent reason.

Beefeater Martini and 400 mg of ibrepropin and go to bed. Only comes when whether gets colder. I guess thats why us old people go to FL in winter

I had a bypass 3 years ago and was on a Statin (creator) I read up alot on these medications and they are poison. I had pain in my chest for 3 years. I went of the Crestor a week ago and no pain and I feel like a new person. Please do all the research you can on Statins and then make your decision. There are natural ways to control ones cholestrol.

I would have a cat, as when they did my x-rays only showed my wires and they had actually pulled through my bone so I was in more trouble than I knew, for you to go 5 years scares the hell out of me .Since my surgery I have more pain on my right but those darn drain hoses are a pain. I had pneumonia and that didn't help I have small bones and by the time I got to phoenix my bone at the top had completely broke and yes it really messing with my respitory,haveing asthma problems but a Christmas guest brought us a bug for the hoiday stay healthy and get that cat,your life could be in serious danger.May you have a good year.

Glad you are doing something about this, really glad, I am doing good took my last prednisone to day all my antibiotics will be over after today and I can start excising again, walking, then I get to start cardio rehab again I am so happy I got this done. I saw my heart dr. a few days ago and he was happy for me and said he was proud that I did something about it.He said some people just go on like that and his words, it awful. So let me hear about you and the best of the best health for you/

Back when I had back problems I did this and ended up with bleeding ulcers, now I can't take NSAIDS at all and now I wish I could some times
Drs said that when I have inflammation they are better than pain meds alone just eat first my friend We are talking Arizona I am scared of gators, bye and luck to ya

I had a bypass 10 years ago and a heart valve replacement 1 year ago.  I have chest pain every time the weather changes.  Earlier, I went to the ER several times not knowing what was going on.  I am not sure if I would know the difference between this pain and something more serious unless accompanied by breathing problems.  It is something that I just have to live with.  It beats not living at all. :o)  I found Advil and just some pain relieving ointment on the chest helps.  So does walking.  Everytime I feel sorry for myself, I see others suffering with much worse issues. 

MY friend i feel your pain cause i'm going through the same thing, i have sharp pain in the center as well in the walls of the chest that hurt so much i cant sleep on my side cause i will wake up with huge amount of pain in the center of my chest. the only the doctors tell me you should be not feeling any pain at all anymore, Only one doctor told me that i have Musculo Skeletal chest Pain CABG-chronic and he got it right out of ten different doctors kept telling me to take a heart strees test, i told them its not my Heart.

I AM STARTING TO BELIEVE THE PAIN IN MY RIGHT SIDE IS WORSE WITH THE WEATHER, THE LOCAL HEART DR.HERE IN ALASKA SAYS THAT THIS PAIN IS COMMON AND I NEED TO GIVE IT SOME MORE TIME. I HAVE TWO WEEKS BEFORE MY THREE MONTHS OF HEALING IS OVER AND I CAN START DRIVING AND START THERAPY AND TO EXPECT PAIN WITH THE EXCERCISE BUT I AM DOING GOOD

even after 10 years i am feeling as you, and i am searching for treatment i dont know when GOD will grace me

yes sir i too safariing the same since 10 years after CABG