I I feel the exact same way especially when i yawn or have flem. Did you find out anymore?

Yes and it has been almost 11 years. Plus I was left with the end of my stern moving around a bit and a ventral hernia which is right under the sternum. I'm alive so I don't regret having the surgery. Just trying to figure out how to wear a bra which causes a whole lot more pain. Any help for us out there?

Hi All Just back from a CT Angiogram 2 n half years after triple bypass. Like others in the post I have the chest pains like someone standing on my chest, especially the sternum area . Have now been told for past 2 years its Musculoskelatal but no further info than a name and no offer of how to get rid of pain by offering me the very thing that had me in for a triple bypass in the first place Diclofenac {NSAID`s}.
I also have an incisional hernia caused after cabg which they need to operate on but will not do so until results of this CT Angio that ive been pushing sooo hard for for over a year to the point they are now telling me I'm a trouble maker . If the Hernia starts to hurt anymore than it does there is a concern it could incarcerate or strangulate as it spend more time out than in .
My point really is what`s the best advice from anyone else as to how to push to get a GP to actually take the time to take things further than just a name .
They hate when we Google things but no wonder we do . Thanks .

I could have written this myself. I'm 3 years out of valve replacement surgery and I still have slight pain in my sternum including the bottom tip. It isn't a serious pain but an almost constant discomfort similar to the months following surgery after the worst of the pain had subsided. I had been x rayed post surgery and told I healed well. When I mention this to my cardiologist he wants an EKG and last week another echo and a nuclear stress test. As usual all is fine with my heart but my chest still hurts. I think mine always will hurt and I will never have a reason why. Glad to see I'm not alone as it causes a little anxiety, especially as it's always worse after lifting weights, rowing a boat or other physical exercise.

Well , it seems a lot of people have pain after heartbypass surgery that doesn't go away. I had triple bypass in 2004. Had the same surgery in 2010. Nothing blocked though , just a very sloppy surgery in 2004. Anyway I have extreme nerve pain in my chest and left rib area. Lots of pain at the site of mammary removal. Nothing out there for this nerve damage. The doctors have no comment about the original surgeron. Lots of years have passed without any answers. Had all the tests over the past year , heart cath. CT scans , xrays, had the works. Everything normal ? Don't really care if I get addicted to pain meds or whatever. Would just like to have a week or so without this much pain.

I had aortic rupture repair in 2013 and first it was sternum and ribs I goto University of Michigan thoracic surgeon say I've never heard of this so long after surgery and a vascular surgeon say that he sees this alot ????I now have it in ribs going into the back of ribs very painful

Hi I had 6 bypasses in July2014 took 2 years for burning sternum and chest pain to go away now it has started again have been to emergency twice and all the blood work comes back fine had a echo 2 weeks ago and is also fine anyone else having this it comes and goes and I am at wits end.

I have same 8 years after bypass. Very tender to touch. GP doesn't appear interested or concerned.

Reading this post years later. I am a woman who had triple bypass surgery in 2000. Two years after I had the surgery I began to complain about a burning in my chest. I’ve been to every kind of doctor, tried everything and here I am, thankfully, 16 years later still living with the same pain that has been diagnosed as nerve damage. I take Lyrica, it helps but my life has many limitations. Always looking for a solution.

Please email me the study
Aeraqua@aol. Com
Thanks

i have been having real sharp pain in theright side of sternum... had cabg 3 yesr ago.... each time I turn right it hurts
very sharp and makings me scream out also if I use my right hand to open the door its the same ... after I'm left with a dull pain for about 20 mins anyone got any ideas... could it be a wire sticking in me ..

Yes, I have been having pain when I lift groceries out of the car. When I'm sleeping and I try to roll over I have pain in my chest I cannot lay on my side without discomfort I can't lift my grandchildren without discomfort in my chest or hold them more than 3 minutes without sitting down to rest them on my lap I have problems at work I have to use a Industrialfloor machine, once a day that cause me great discomfort but it's my job and very stubborn I had an x-ray of my chest three of my metal Thai bands are broke and I have to brackets each one has four screws I lost the screw it came out, not sure where it's at didn't see it in the X-ray it looks like the center of my chest bone has a hole like it didn't heal closed the surgeon suggested that he cut me open and reset it (hell no) I had quadruple bypass January 12th 2015 I'm on my third year anniversary I would like to know when this would get better. God bless all of us who have gone through this

This has been my experience since I had a c-section 1987. The anesthesia brought on intractable chronic migraines. I've been given 27 different Meds for migraines that only made them worse. They refuse to see the pharmaceuticals caused these. I've had them at least 14 days out if each month since!
We are our own best doctors!!

Yes I had the same after having a non union of the sternum and had to undergo further surgery for correction but I have arthritis in the spine,knees and hands and am now being told the constant ache in my chest is arthritis related.
ONLY THEY KNOW THE TRUTH

Imagine if you deal with all of the issues you all describe but also play trumpet and conduct music ensembles. What saves me is a chiropractor who uses an actuator to make adjustments. He moves my xiphoid back into place, adjusts ribs and helps with the usual aches and pains. Many people do not believe in chiropractic care but this chiropractor was the only person who could unlock my shoulder after a quad bypass. I would not have been able to return to my music life if my shoulder stayed in the locked position.