Don't mistake a renowned hospital for good doctor care. I had my bypass at Johns Hopkins. Most patients leave after 5 days, I was still bedridden at 10 days and released anyway. I had a near fatal incident the night before my discharge. I had complained repeatedly of the feeling of water running in my chest but told it was my imagination by my surgeon. The second day home, I was life-flighted back to Hopkins for the removal of 3 cups of water in my chest. Part of my heart had collapsed and I almost died. Never give up the fight because a doctor says it's all in your head.

Yes 4yrs on ,and still have pain more I do ,the more pain some spots are more painful ,also seems to make my breathing laboured ?

LET ME KNOW PLEASE . 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

If any of you are still suffering from sternum issues,your surgeon needs to go back in and place Sternalock blu in your chest. After my wires were removed my chest opened back up. My surgeon implanted a new plate/screw system to rigidly stabilize my sternum. Zero pain the day after!

Why were your wires removed? Mine was 20 years ago and I still have my wire laces. I can tell when there is a storm coming by them. I think I asked if they were going to remove them after it healed and the answer was that it would be another major surgery and I would have to pay for it because the insurance would not.

Had bypass surgery 10 yrs ago. Have exact same pain. Can't sleep but about 4 hours then wake up with excruciating pain in middle upper abdomen directly under breast bone . Am now 70 yrs old. Doctors do not care too much after surgery. After all, they already got paid. Exrays show nothing , they say. Left bottom rib sticks out and hurts. Can't do any physical activity. Surgery kept me alive but quality of life has been nonexistent for years. Part for the course in today's medicine.

I saw a new Doctor on April 27 after 6 years of suffering with left breast pain after my bypass. Finally, a doctor who listened. Can not believe no other doc explained breast pain is /can be related to bypass. WHY ! Last doc at a "prestigious" medical facitilty totally dismissed my concerns. I feel like a new woman after seeing new doc, who listened, then explained in detail what to do.

And that was?

I had my sternum opened to remove a thymoma tumor 4 yrs. Ago the pain in my sternum now is worse than 1 month post op.i have tried prescription pain killers as well as over the counter. Nerve blocks and creams. Nothing works and either the doctors think I'm fabricating this or they really don't know what to do.it feels like I have 100lbs. On my chest and the ONLY relief I get is from a shot of vodka in my beer. Go figure.

I had surgery in 2009 and still feel stiff in my chest. Had 5 veins replaced and every one of them has plugged up and now have 5 stents.Not sure that operation was good idea.

Did you have a choice? They simply told me "You need bypass surgery, and you need it NOW!".
So I suppose having it was better than the alternative although my cousin had it twice and when he needed it the third time he chose to just wait to die.

I'm just the same 5yrs after quad bypass ,also have some breathing probs more tired I am the worst it seems ? Does ,somehow help me knowing others have similar problems I'm always thinking I have major internal things, we'll just keep battling on live clean as you can Chris

After 5 years since my hart bypass my hole body still in pyn, had consulted 4 cardiac doctors regarding this but not one of them can help me, all types of blood test was done in different clinics still no results am 58 year old man please help

Try Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar, it works wonders, just follow directions on bottle. I take no medicine.

I had bypass surgery in 2004. Still have pain on left side and inside left rib cage. Can't use my left arm hardly at all. It has gotten worse every year. Surgeon has left the country. Doctors now just scratch their heads. I don't think they understand that a lot of nerve damage was done. So there doesn't seem to be any answers. Been dealing with this a long time , so I guess this is my life now. Bypasses keep you alive but at the cost of a normal life.