I seriously need help, I created an account just for this. I've seen a rheumatologist, and a neurologist. Taken multiple blood tests and seen my physician multiple times, no dice. I'm going to meet with an internal medicine and dermatologist soon, but i know they won't help... This stinging needle like pain happens throughout my back, my arms, my face, neck and my chest. It doesnt happen on my stomach or legs though for some reason... It also makes me really itchy in the area of pain and after a few minutes of this pain, the stinging area will go red but without any bumps or rashes, just red. It triggers when im anxious, or nervous, or there's a sudden change in temperature sort of(Like im outside and I go into a building where it's warm)? Whenever i get worked up basically. There are some places where I go to where this pain always occur. For example, when im in the changing room, changing into shorts to work out, I always get this stinging pain. Always. Im not anxious or anything, but when I know the pain is going to happen, it comes. Im only 19, my family situation is difficult so no one really knows or cares... I've contemplated killing myself. This pain seems to be triggered more by hot temperature. But like i said earlier, now that the temperature is cold, whenever i go from a cold environment to a warm environment, I feel like I'm dying... Please help me.

Edit: I know it's not a vitamin deficiency of b12. I took a multivitamin before for a while and I was still getting the stinging pain. Something i should also mention, my neck has been really uncomfortable for these past months, it feels sort of stiff and I have to move it a lot. It never feels comfortable. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it but yeahh..

i'm going through the same thing as well.  i'm getting an mri done  as well. most likely it's related to stress like you my home life as been in turm-oil and i want the pain to stop. i know however it won't always be this way.
have you had an mri done?  i do think it is related  to the neck, mineh started with really bad neck pain and headaches.  i'm doing physical therapy and i'm going to start this medicine to help calm the nerves.  also i will begin mental therapy as well. i figure i would cover all my bases  i hope this helps  

It's not a family issue i know for sure. It's not stress related either. 100%. But im getting scared, just by going biking in the cold, after like 20 mins. My whole back and chest and entire face area starts to sting like crazy. If  I walk for a long period of time, I suffer the same results. I need some serious help ):

whatevermang wrote:

The same situation what u have written 100 percent same situation I am having the area I live is around 5 to 10 degree celcius in winter sometimes goes zero and subzero in extreme weather also its a dry weather I am from where we have moderate temperature where also I expereince the same condition few time in years.
But now I in norther middle-east (saudi arabia). And I suffer from this condition almost 2 to 3 time daily . First it starts from a few pricking somewhere on my neck or and part of body than it spreads to clusters and I feet this itchy inflammation as if my body skin is being peeled off from my body.
I feel releif to some extent when I eat antiallergic medicines but this situation comes back after sometime and if I discontinue thse medicines.
Please helf me, I shall be very much thankful if some one suggests me a permanent cure.

omg my 16 year old son is experiencing the same thing. His affects the top part of his body. He's done MRIs, getting ready to see a neurologist no-one seems to know what it is. yet they're trying to say it's psychological.

wandalenoir wrote:

im having the same problem and im 16 its so painful is happens when i walk and when im trying to sleep more of the time it happens when im not doing anything like just sitting down watching tv or playing the pc it hurts and is so annoying someone help?

ordinaryman wrote:

whatevermang wrote:

i also am experiencing this sharp pain in back and upper arms and once between my fingers it feels like a horsefly sting. very painful, concidering going to dr. dont know what to tell them. happens on no set schedule or temp condition

Your condition sounds just like fibomyalgia. If you don't mind me asking, what is your gender and have you ever had any implants or plastic surgery?

Sigh, I'm the OP. made this thread a year ago and my situation hopeess. Hategoing outside and meeting people cause of the pain. Can' get a job. No social activities or excersize. No money. I give up. I'm 20 and male.

Hey, I've had the same pain for  nearly 7 years! In the winter it gets worse though. I get the pain in my back,my face, my arms, and head. You guys are right, it does feel like death to a certain extent. I've gotten blood tests and they couldn't find anything wrong with me also. Even though I still recieve the pain I know a way to make it go away within atleast 1-3 days if this is done right.

I find that when I consume junk foods that the pain increases sharply to the point when I can no longer allow my body's temperature to get heated at all. When I'm not eating healthy, I can't even stand inside a room with a Heating Sytem; heater, stove,etc... It makes me itch and scratch.  The more I'm indoors, the more i eat, and that's when it gets worser.First, drink plenty of water to wash out your body's internal system. Drink atleast one gallon a day; I drink water 97% of the time i ever consume any liquids. Next, eat full healthy meals that consists of legumes,veggies,fruits, as much as possible. Last, I find that even drinking a can or two of V8 tomato juice helps to flush and clean me out, due to the sodium it contains.

Even though I know how to avoid the pain, sometimes I get involved in eating what I'm not supposed to and would like to know what are these symptoms are called. Give this routine a try and reply to the post on how it worked for you. Thanks

12_14_12_ 6:20 AM         Eastern

Ok if im posting this in the wrong spot im sorry(just made account)
Im a 15 year old male and i hav been having this stinging sensation for over a year. I have a lot of acne all over my upper body and when i get these sensations they seem to come from my acne. I get this stinging feeling whenever i meet someone new, when im hot, or when im nervous. Im not sure why but when i take my acne mesication the pain goes away until i forget to take it ( but that may just be a coincidence)

HI, im 17, and im not sure if its the same thing, but whenever i walk outside or something, i get this intense feeling like someone is stabbing me with a hot needle. It happens on my back chest neck head and upper arms. Been wondering what this was for several years now

I'm having something similar, except that I get bumps all up my arms, and that I seem to have some kind of poor circulation - as my hands will turn blue sometimes and I've noticed a tingling sensation. As long as I stay cool its fine - like I can go for a run without a shirt on when it's about 5 degrees out and feel alright. I've been thinking it could be Raynaud's disease in part. If I find anything, I'll be sure to come back and comment.I wonder if lemon juice with garlic and ginger would help...

I have the same all of a sudden sharp needle-like pains in different parts of my body and lasting only for a few seconds. I also have suffered from a rash for over a year but the pains started before the rash. Recently, I visited a relative in Florida and he suffered the same thing and it was diagnosed as Shingles caused by the herpes virus. They see it a lot down there because of all the elderly and because of the heat. Also, rest and avoiding stress eases the symptoms but after his rash was gone, he said he still feels that needle every once in a while in that area. We did not think of shingles because we did not feel any other difficult pain associated with the disease but were told that does not always happen, especially if there is nerve damage perhaps from the complication of diabetes.

well, I've been able to find something that it might be: Erythromelalgia

It's pretty rare, and not a lot is known about it. I''ll keep you posted for potential treatments that I find.

I still think in my case it could be some Raynaud's with Erythomelalgia, or maybe just poor circulation. But the doc said my blood pressure was great.