I am 20 years old and I had my tonsil taken out 6 days ago. The day of surgery was fine. I kept saying it was just like having strep. My mom and I rented a bunch of movies and watched them all morning, and I even had friends come over to bring me ice cream and hang out. The next day, I was supposed to make cookies, but when I woke up I was in the worst pain I have ever been (almost crying). Let's just say I made no cookies that day. This week I have been alternating between good and bad days. I went and got a pedicure the next day and made cookies the day after. Also, when I wake up I always have to cough or clear my throat. Yesterday was by far the worst. Both of my parents were at work, so I had no motivation to get out of bed and eat anything. I drank water, took medicine, and slept. Not eating made me sick and I began vomiting as soon as I ate anything. There was a little blood, but not enough to be concerned. About as much as my doctor said I might see. Now, my tonsils feel more like they are stinging and i'm trying to figure out if the vomiting caused this. Today, the pain is horrible, but i'm eating so I am no longer vomiting. I think my scabs are coming off and i'm wondering if this might have something to do with the stinging pain. I just hope it stops hurting so much!! :-(

I'm on day 7 post-op and my throat stings as well. I honestly think it's the scabs starting to come off, considering this is the time period in which that is expected to happen. I vomited on day 3 after taking a shower (which I fell asleep in). I don't know if it was because it was too hot or just because of all of the moving around, but it was terribly painful, and my throat definitely hurt worse afterwards. I wouldn't worry too much about the stinging. I believe it is pretty common at this stage in recovery. I am going through the same thing, so I totally understand how horrible it is.