Hi. I'm 27 year old male and recently I started to have problems with stomach or intestine growls.
First I didn’t pay too much attention on it because the growls were mild and didn’t represent any problem for me at all.
I thought it was cause by some specific type of food and that it will disappear by it self. But they didn’t, and even, with time, they were becoming mush stronger, and what’s more important- much louder.
It is causing me sometimes even short pain.
The thing that was confusing is that sometimes my stomach growls after a tone of food and sometimes when is empty so I can't figure out what is causing this!
Any ideas?

Well, it could be very difficult to tell what’s wrong with your stomach because there are a lot of things that could cause very similar symptoms. Some of them are constipation, gas cramps and diarrhea. Your stomach even growls when its empty and this is because it receives signals from your brain to begin digestion.
There is also one another condition called irritable bowel syndrome that could cause you that problems.
It is caused when hard stool or some tumor blocks the passage of gas through your bowel and that how it cases one balloon to appear filled with gas which is causing growls and pain to some people.
The bottom line is that you will never know what is causing you these problems until you contact some gastrologist.
Wish you luck!

Hi, believe me my stomach was growling too loud, it was heard in the entire room, such an embarrasing feeling.. I had visited a doctor, the first question he asked was "Do you excersice?", my answer was No.. My work itself is like that, I am a software engineer, and was leading a sedentory lifestyle...As a result I had belly stomach :-( . Later I made my decision to join gym, to reduce those extra fat around my stomach... Believe me it made the difference, the important excersice is the bending excersice, that is lying down on a flat surface and lifting both the legs at 45%, within few days, the growling stopped completely... No medicine, no operation nothing... Everybody, every part of the body needs excersice :-)

Hello everyone I am currently 25 years old and these stomach noises have been causing me so many problems. I really started to notice my stomach noises when I was like 19 years old. Once I graduated from my university the stomach noises seem to have gotten worse. I hate having to do any kind of training, because I get soo scared that my stomach will start to make some type of noise. I actually had to resign from a government job, because the training was 4 months long and I had to spend 80% of my time in a quiet room. I was doing pretty good for the first 4 weeks, but then I got a tetaneous shot and a hepatitis shot and everything went down hill.

I will have to go through another training, which will be a week long, 8 hours a day. I wish I didn't have to do this training, but I guess I have no other alternative. I also want to get my masters, but I guess I will have to try to get it online. There are some schools like Boston University, Michigan State, Texas Tech, Florida State, Penn State and University of Houston that offer degrees online. I hope this helps for those who are in school and hate going to class. I am now trying to go to a career path that does not make me work in a quiet environment.

One thing that helped me a great deal was taking fiber pills (metamucil). My routine would start out like this, wake up and try to do #2, then take 2 fiber pills and have breakfast. I would like like 20 fiber pills with me, just incase I heard any noises. I would have lunch and then try to do #2 again and take 2 more fiber pills. I would also take water with me and also something to drink on that was carbonated. I think that if you flush food through your system, by using the restroom, then this may help with the stomach noises. It did for me until I got the darn tetaneous and hepatitus shot.

One other thing that I noticed helped a great deal was running or probably any other excercise. I remember one time I had to run 1.5 miles before lunch and I didn't eat anything, I just drank water. I showered and went to class and I was thinking that I was sure to have stomach noises. I was soo surprised that my stomach did not make one noise.

I went to go and see a doctor in another country (Mexico) since I don't have insurance right now. He checked me out and said that my heart beat is like off on the 11th beat or something like that. He said that it was nothing to worry about, but that this may be the reason for my stomach noises. He asked if I had been excercising lately and I said no. He asked if I had any chest pains and I said a couple times and he said that I should start to excercise everyday. He also gave me this medication, Creon and this other medication. I am taking them right now, but I don't know if they are really working, since my stomach has been feeling about the same. The doctor told me to stay away from processed foods, such as sausages and not to any spices (garlic, pepper, cumin and other spices) he also said not to eat any spicy foods. I am also lactose intollerant, so I don't drink any dairy products. I think I am also alergic to glutons, so I stay away from wheat, barly and oats.

One other thing that I have not done yet, but am thinking about is taking milk thistle to try to help my liver process foods. I don't want to do this yet, until I have finished my training. I don't want to experiment right now before I go to training.

Well good luck to everyone and I hope we can deal with our problem. It would be nice if we could all work for the same company and we didn't have to worry about our stomach noises.

PS: Stress is also something that causes this. I guess when you get stressed you let out some stomach acids and then that's when you hear the noises. Sometimes eating fresh fruits and veggies can also cause stomach noises for certain people. I agree with the person who said have protein. I have eggs in the morning and that seems to help.

man it came as a shock. i have been havin stomach noises for abt 2 years now. and these last few months have been the worse. i would sit in class and they'd sound off like a marching ban. i said to my self. my self said huh! i said u've got to do sumthin abt these noises. so i thought abt prunes and how they clean ur system out. so i bought a 7 oz box and ate half of it. i went to the bath room and did the do. i woke up the next day and my noises were almost completely gone. so try them they work and try a teaspoonof olve oil in the morning

I too have been suffering with a growling stomach for over a year now. I believe that I have found the biggest cause of my problem. I can relate to all the posts here. It took me many months and much heartache to get to this point.

I have developed an allergy to milk in my late forties. I didn't believe my doctor and thought there was some pill I could take that would solve the horrible rumblings that nearly cost me my job as a consultant.

I cannot digest milk any longer. So it sits in my bowels and ferments. The fermentation causes the growling. I am not sure if this is specifically lactose intolerance or an allergy, but it doesn't really matter.

The difficult part is that many foods contain milk. I thought I was good by avoiding my yogurt, etc., but it is much deeper than that. Look at all your breads, butter/margarines, meat coatings, turkey browning, etc. ingredients. Milk products are in so many foods it will scare you.

You can be medically tested for lactose intolerance. However it means sitting in a hospital while they take multiple breath readings over the course of hours. I tried this simple, definitely NOT scientific, test. Drink two large 8 ounce glasses of 1 percent or fat-free milk on a day when you can afford to get sick. Times vary, but it took almost ten hours before I became very ill and I could see the milk passing from my body.

The time delay is the biggest problem with diagnosing the "stomach growling" sickness. What you ate yesterday evening could definitely be causing your problems today. You can only be very analytical about your food and with God's help you will find your specific food allergy.

My stomach growling is definitely under control now. Occasionally I will still get some growling, but a PepCid AC will control it pretty well. My heart and prayers go out to all the other people suffering from this problem. I hope this post helps in some small way.

Mike

Mike, I just read your post and I thought I'd offer you some helpful information about lactose. What you've described strongly indicates that you are lactose intolerant. All that means is you lack the enzyme necessary to easily digest lactose. Instead, your body must break down the lactose into small pieces, which happens to produce a lot of gas which can be painful. In other words, the only negative is the pain associated with increased gas production.

But here is where the good news comes: lactose isn't in a lot of the products you mentioned. For example, the process of making cheese or yogurt actually eliminates most (or all) of the lactose from the product. In general, you only need to avoid milk and cream to prevent the issue.

I hope I've offered you some help with your problem.

Yeah, I'm only 14 and i get stomach growls all time during 3-7 periods.It's so embarrasing :-(

Hi i am 21 and im at uni i have started to suffer from realy bad stomach noises i find it really embarrising as a result of this i now suffer from really bad anxiety issues wich make the whole situation worse. Any help please?

I know how everyone feels im 15 and have been suffering for this for about a year! I cant take it anymore!! Almost everyday of the week i try to eat food that wont cause these problems because im in high school and my stomach (intestines) growl and rumble and hiss like crazyyyy i even experience some pain ...everyyy singlle dayy..no joke. All of my teachers are really soft spoken and quiet and wont allow talking so you can literally hear a pin drop from across the room. I get sooo embarassed this happens and everyone stares. Every night before school i feel sick to my stomach because of this. I barely eat bc im scared of what foods will make it worse or better.. does anyone know?? well,, i really try to stay away from milk, fiberous foods, potato chips, anything spicy or fried, and i especially stay away from fast food. I went to the doctor and he was absolutely no help at all, basically told me i was crazy. I just try to ingnore it and go to school as much as possible. Eat some toast for breakfast, mabey take a gas x, sneak some crackers or bread while in class, at lunch eat a sandwich mabey a salad and crackers and water, and for dinner eat fish and water. I feel like its unfair and no way to live i cant wait till fridays so i can eat whatever and dont have to care about what the foods i eat will affect me. I feel for everyone who is going through this and pray all the time for myself and anyone whose suffers from this as much as i do!! please if anyone figures something out post it!!!

Hello...well I'm a senior in high school and my stomach makes LOUD noises all day long. It's pretty embarrissing but I don't know how to make it stop. Any suggesstions?

THIS WILL SOLVE YOUR STOMACH NOISE PROBLEM . Trust me, I have been dealing with this for years up until now.I quit high school twice because of this. Here is the deal ,the noise is gas moving , so if you have to be in a quiet enviroment in the next couple of days dont eat anything that will cause gas.Some foods cause noise for 2 days , so here is what to do if you want a quiet stomach. Eat only a plain ham sandwich with doritos nacho flavor chips for both meals each day same thing and if your not lactose intolerant chocolate milk is good also do not drink any carbonated drinks orange juice is ok. breakfast choclate milk and plain cookies or those peanutbutter sandwitch crakers. Also eat those for snacks during the day. Eat only these foods for two days and you should be noise free. Its hard to do but it works and i dont know how healthy this diet is but it works also after you do this for a while you can add different foods to see what else is tolerable for you. I avoid beef and any greasy foods or fried foods or spicy foods. But when i have no classes or quiet enviroments sceduled i eat whatever i want to ,lol, until a couple days before another event, also dont let your stomach get empty snack alot on non gassy foods. May God bless you all .

I have my own business so I'm not around someone all day long, so if my stomach makes noises a little in the day it doesn't matter too much. But the problem is at night. I can't sleep because of the noises. It can last half the night and I'm exhausted. I can't get the rest I need to get through the day. It's 6:30am right now and I still have 2 1/2 hrs I could sleep, but instead I'm surfing the internet for a solution. I know that milk definitely aggravates it. I make my own kefir (yogurt drink) and that doesn't seem to cause it. I've switched to soy milk which helps but it seems that if I'm eating more than 20% meat products a day then I have this problem. If I eat salads or stick to the raw food diet as much as possible it's not so bad, but sometimes I just get hungry for meat. Both nights that I had baked chicken breast for dinner I had stomach noises. Guess I'll have to stick with veggies and fruit.

i have this exact problem. and its weird how my stomach only growls when im in class or during a sleepover. it sooo embarassing. each day when i have a recess break i eat a donut to prevent my stomach from growling and this has made me gain a lot of wait. i can't think of anything to eat that is healthy and that will stop these noises. none of my friends have this problem and it sucks to have it. i have read many comments and i've tried this but if there is no food in my stomach or even if i just ate my stomach plays its game with me. finally i gave up and i am a christian and so is my mom. i asked her to pray over my stomach and it worked. it may sound cheesy but its the truth....the noises have stopped XD

Yep, my stomach is a growler too. What I find helps are probiotics and fibre supplements. I already have a pretty fibre rich diet, I eat wholemeal bread, lots of vegies, and fruit etc, but the fibre supplement in the morning along with the probiotic set me up for the day. You can get fibre supplements in capsules - if you dont like the form that you drink. Metamucil do both these kinds. If you try a probiotic choose one which is refridgerated. Science hasnt found a way to preserve the little good bacteria without refridgeration yet. Also exercise as other people have mentioned can help, i.e a 45min walk. And lastly, the food you eat will impact how hard your body takes to digest the food. So when I have tuna, wholewheat crackers, and tomatoes for lunch my stomach is pretty quiet. If I have something bigger and richer, like a lovely homecooked pasta, it will start grumbling. Again - you can take a probiotic or fibre supplement to help the digestion process.